• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denny Cowan's Art "LOST" by UPS

33 posts in this topic

I bought the wraparound cover to X-Men #30 from SpiderWebArt Gallery. It was framed already. They shipped it UPS. When I got home I found the box abandon on my door step. When I picked it up all I heard was breaking glass. When I opened it up I found the glass broke over the matte and the artwork was fine. I called and left a message for SpiderWebArt Gallery, one that the FCC will not allow to be broadcast. I was pissed. They ended up paying for the art to be reframed.

I know many people who have had UPS abandon on their doorstep, one time they were in the living room on the other side of the door when they just dropped of the package and never knocked on the door.

Useless Parcel Service is one of the worst. DO NOT USE THEM!

Wow, really? I had no idea people had such beef with UPS. Have y'all been burned before? How?

As a quality inspector for 19 years, I see the condition of what they ship and how it arrives on the truck. They are by far the worst in the industry.

I watched a UPS driver standing in the middle of his truck tossing boxes 10 feet onto a hard concrete floor. I politely asked the driver to quit throwing our boxes and explained that the boxes he was throwing contained circuit boards valued at about $5,000 a piece. The driver didn't say a word. He picked up the next box and threw it also. At that point, I showed him a camera aimed at the dock door and explained that everything he did was being recorded. He looked angry, but quit throwing the boxes at that point. The next day, the UPS truck backed up and there was a different driver. I asked where the other driver was and I was told "he asked to be taken off this route." Their employees literally do not care about what they handle, what it's worth, or what it means to someone.

I used to see the truck back up and all the boxes were just piled into the floor of the truck and the shelves were empty. I asked the driver why the boxes aren't on the shelves. He said they were when he left the distribution facility, but they didn't give the drivers anything to secure the boxes to the shelf, so they just slide into the floor of the truck as he drives.

DG

Wow. I send all my most expensive sales via UPS. I like it because they package it up and ship it off. With insurance and everything, I pay like 2-300 for shipping but they seem to take really good care of THOSE packages! lol

Wow, really? I had no idea people had such beef with UPS. Have y'all been burned before? How?

As a quality inspector for 19 years, I see the condition of what they ship and how it arrives on the truck. They are by far the worst in the industry.

I watched a UPS driver standing in the middle of his truck tossing boxes 10 feet onto a hard concrete floor. I politely asked the driver to quit throwing our boxes and explained that the boxes he was throwing contained circuit boards valued at about $5,000 a piece. The driver didn't say a word. He picked up the next box and threw it also. At that point, I showed him a camera aimed at the dock door and explained that everything he did was being recorded. He looked angry, but quit throwing the boxes at that point. The next day, the UPS truck backed up and there was a different driver. I asked where the other driver was and I was told "he asked to be taken off this route." Their employees literally do not care about what they handle, what it's worth, or what it means to someone.

I used to see the truck back up and all the boxes were just piled into the floor of the truck and the shelves were empty. I asked the driver why the boxes aren't on the shelves. He said they were when he left the distribution facility, but they didn't give the drivers anything to secure the boxes to the shelf, so they just slide into the floor of the truck as he drives.

DG

Good lord!

USPS is one of the best for shipping artwork. Never had an issue. With USPS I can track when packages arrive so I have sometimes driven home and find my postal deliverer on his route and pick up the package from him. My father lives 3 blocks from me and is retired so some packages the mailman will bring to him. as for Fedex I like their service to redirect to a local fedex facility like Kinko's where I can pick up the package on my way home.

YouTube is full of bad UPS videos:

Theft -

"Loading" the Truck -

Unloading the Truck -

Courteous Delivery -

and so on and on and on.

To be sure there are bad FexEx videos, too, and probably some bad USPS, but based on a non-scientific survey, UPS wins.

I love it how they try to stick people with Brokerage fees

They tried to charge me a $50 Brokerage fee on MY sweater that I forgot at a my girlfriends house in Alabama. She sent it back to me UPS surface (because it's my own VERY USED sweater and she tried to get it to me cheap) and I saw the "brokerage fee" on a sweater that had ZERO value. Ridiculous.