• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBedrock - I'm Calling You Out! - YES YOU!!!

67 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago, us CG denizens were going about our business as usual, discussing important topics like which ebay seller is the biggest turd, which actress would make a better Wonder Woman, why grading was tight and/or loose sometimes simultaneously, etc., etc.

And then comes YOU, Mr. Bedrock, with your announcement that there was cataclysmic, epochal change coming to our boards, trumpeting and heralding the coming event known variously as JOACBC and JOATCBC 2013.

Collectively, we paused from our ordinary concerns and turned our attention to that mossy backwater known as the Gold forum to see what unearthly forces were rousing the long drowsing Gold denizens from their peaceful murmurings of all things Golden Age.

And for our troubles we get this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7271578&fpart=1

Now, I suppose it could be said that for grandfathers and those of advancing years and sundry decay and their like that perhaps the event you described was extraordinary.

But for us in CG, we who still move around free of arthritic complaint and with relative alacrity, for us the event was of no moment. A letdown. A non-event. To pun, it was Mmeh.

So, I put it to you MrBedrock that you owe us something more, something better than what was delivered, something worthwhile of our collective attention.

:sumo:

A few weeks ago, us CG denizens were going about our business as usual, discussing important topics like which ebay seller is the biggest turd, which actress would make a better Wonder Woman, why grading was tight and/or loose sometimes simultaneously, etc., etc.

And then comes YOU, Mr. Bedrock, with your announcement that there was cataclysmic, epochal change coming to our boards, trumpeting and heralding the coming event known variously as JOACBC and JOATCBC 2013.

Collectively, we paused from our ordinary concerns and turned our attention to that mossy backwater known as the Gold forum to see what unearthly forces were rousing the long drowsing Gold denizens from their peaceful murmurings of all things Golden Age.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7271578&fpart=1

Now, I suppose it could be said that for grandfathers and those of advancing years and sundry decay and their like that perhaps the event you described was extraordinary.

But for us in CG, we who still move around free of arthritic complaint and with relative alacrity, for us the event was of no moment. A letdown. A non-event. To pun, it was Mmeh.

So, I put it to you MrBedrock that you owe us something more, something better than what was delivered, something worthwhile of our collective attention.

lol

Mossy backwater. :roflmao:

It's like we were all told that we were about to witness the Battle of Isengard, and instead we were treated to what seemed like fourteen hours of watching Treebeard say hello to a pinecone!

Thanks MrBedrock! :mad:

It was like waiting all summer for the season premiere because the season finale ended in a cliffhanger, and then they tell you it was all a dream.

Richard also graced the boards with his presence and posted the highly inquisitive question...."how many pieces of tape to you use on your bags?".

mind-blown.jpg

Too bad he didn't ask how to tape a bag shut.