• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic related goals for 2014?

53 posts in this topic

ALRIGHT-- let's hear 'em, y'all. Ambitious and realistic are totally accepted. Comics, original art, artists you'd like to meet, cons you'd like to visit-- anything. You may even get some inspiration!

I've got two:

I'm dying to find a Yorick page from Y: The Last Man, issue #1

And If the right piece comes along, I'd love a Curt Swan Supes pin up or splash page

i think my main goals for 2014 will be:

- Getting my ASM Slab Wants finished.

- Picking up a Blue 1.0ish AF15 with a clean blue label. Nothing between "AF#15" and "Page Quality"

- Finishing my Rick & Abe 9.8 Cover Runs

- Attending NYCC and possibly other shows

Im sure i'll find other to add to this :)

Ok I'll start. lol Seriously I'd like to at sometime next year is acquire a WD cover. But it has to have Rick on the cover, not necessarily any zombies. But definitely Rick. :wishluck:

Also try and finish my WD slab run. I know most of everything won't come back 9.8+ and I am ok with this. As long as I have all the 1st books slabbed.

Yes I consumed by WD. But I was just recently looking at some sweet cover OA for 28 days later and they are pretty sweet.

Anyways that's all for now.

I'm gonna try and go to my first Comic Con. Prob NYC.

Also want to fill in some "keys" on my slab list that I only own raw.

Werewolf by Night 32, Batman 232, Spidey 252, and Hulk 181. The raws I own aren't the slabbed grade I would want.

Cool thread idea.

main goal:

---------------

acquire low grade raw FF#1 and Avengers#1 using only proceeds of selling books.

secondary goal:

-----------------

sub all my outstanding books waiting to be slabbed.

Beef up my East of West collection.

Read Manhattan Projects, Sixth Gun, and Revival.

Get another IH 181 and 1 more ASM 129.

Find 5 new series worth buying and reading.

Re-read Sin City, Stormwatch #37 through the Authority vol 1 #29, Plantary omnibus, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1 and 2, and the Dark Knight. returns. I think it will be another great year and I look forward to sharing it with you guys and gals.

For anyone wanting to go to a new show and is totally turned off by the idea of NYCC or SDCC, I think ECCC in Seattle is the absolute perfect con to hit up.

Great guest list, lots of love from the the Big Two, plus Image, IDW, etc, lots of space to walk around, and rates for commissions aren't jacked up-- which is typically the case at NYCC or SDCC.

I've heard awesome things about BigWow, too.

For anyone wanting to go to a new show and is totally turned off by the idea of NYCC or SDCC, I think ECCC in Seattle is the absolute perfect con to hit up.

Great guest list, lots of love from the the Big Two, plus Image, IDW, etc, lots of space to walk around, and rates for commissions aren't jacked up-- which is typically the case at NYCC or SDCC.

I've heard awesome things about BigWow, too.

I've heard ECCC is very underrated & one of the best cons on the west coast. I'd like to hit that one up myself within the next couple of years (plus my wife loves Seattle, so it might be an easy sell as a vaca).

Beef up my East of West collection.

Read Manhattan Projects, Sixth Gun, and Revival.

Get another IH 181 and 1 more ASM 129.

Find 5 new series worth buying and reading.

Re-read Sin City, Stormwatch #37 through the Authority vol 1 #29, Plantary omnibus, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1 and 2, and the Dark Knight. returns. I think it will be another great year and I look forward to sharing it with you guys and gals.

Those are very specific reading goals - you, sir, must be a detail oriented person

I will be plowing all my toil into Walking Dead slabs, whether bought or subbed during the next year and I would also like to pick up a piece of WD OA.

I have tended to be easily distracted and/or a little unfocused for the last few years and my collection has suffered, so this year I will be buying/subbing books on a monthly basis rather than weekly to maximise my buying power and obtain the high grade copies I desire.

Best of luck with your efforts

ALRIGHT-- let's hear 'em, y'all. Ambitious and realistic are totally accepted. Comics, original art, artists you'd like to meet, cons you'd like to visit-- anything. You may even get some inspiration!

I've got two:

And If the right piece comes along, I'd love a Curt Swan Supes pin up or splash page

That's ambitious and expensive.

I've got two:

That's ambitious and expensive.

Did you NOT see his last pickup?

Bjorn is a TRU BALLA YO!