• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4 CGC 8.0 Nicholas Cage copy SOLD

45 posts in this topic

HOTCHA, what a book.

That is THE second nicest copy I've ever seen.

(I had the privilege years ago of holding Mike Goldman's copy in hand...well, in mylar...shortly after he bought it, If memory serves that one graded out a either 9.4 or 9.6)

My heartiest congratulations to buyer and seller on one kickarse book.

Roy, just curious, would you have listed it at the same price if it wasn't from the collection of Nick Cage? Wondering if there is perceived extra value there (like a pedigree) or not?

I would have listed it at the same price regardless but old comics are about nostalgia and history, and who owned a comic before you is a nostalgic and historic thing. I think the Cage name attached to the book has some cache value to some collectors.

The fact that the book has mad eye appeal probably doesn't hurt either..... but then, Metro really looked out for Cage. They put a lot of nice books on him. I wonder if the SC 4 was from a noted collection.... ?..... after all, it might be the rarest of the major Keys in HG..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u