• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Top 10 Series of 2013

93 posts in this topic

Wait, I just realized MP wasn't in that list either, was it...?

Wow...

I have no idea now it cannot be anywhere in the top 100. Gross oversight on CBR's part.

Inexplicable, given that MP placed #7 on CBR's list last year:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42909#7

And it was Eisner-nominated for Best Series this year. The other nominees (HAWKEYE, SAGA, FATALE, PROPHET) all placed high on this list both years. Gotta figure CBR punted this one.

I think this will impact some people's future purchases but I think mostly we look at these list to validate our own thoughts. I personlly have Injustice as one of my top comics. The only thing that has me doing a double take is that over half of the Top 10 list I've seen have Young Avengers menstioned as a winner. I read the first 3 or 4 and it kind of hit me the same way Sex Criminals did. I liked it but didn't love it. I will probavly give it 2nd look. Other than that, the first time I heard of Battling Boy or March:Book One was this week. Saints and Boxers art is a no go for me in the art department. I was thrilled to see Lazarus, East of West, Saga, and The Wake in the Top 8 but I thought EoW, Saga, TWD would all be top 3.

Young Avengers was great IMO. Cool, different storytelling, and even more payoffs if you read Gullien's JIM run.

Another one I'm surprised is getting a lot of heat. I didn't think many ppl liked it!

Here is my list - no particular order:

Astro City

Justice League (2011)

Batman (Snyder)

Saga

East of West

Walking Dead

Invincible

Manhattan Projects

6th Gun

Locke and Key

Nice list . I agree with a bunch of them.

I will say that Locke and Key, Saga and EoW are my top 3.

I do most of my reading via trade and just recently started the following books:

Manhattan Projects (this one is probably my current favorite)

Locke & Key (really good too)

So, they make my list. Still enjoying Walking Dead.

I recently picked up, but haven't started, Saga and Nowhere Man.

The Goon is the only "monthly" ( lol) I get. Powell was doing really well for awhile getting them out on a decent schedule. Haven't seen a new issue in quite some time though.