• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Comic Keys experiment yeild good results!

240 posts in this topic

Those are the same book. Neither one is the book I won in January.

Do you have a scan? Or better yet a copy of Hammer's scan from the auction?

Jim

Nope. I returned the book so there wasn't any reason to keep one.

So basically you want us to take your word that this is not the same book Hammer sold you. You have no proof or scans to corroborate your allegations.

Is this correct?

I'm going out on a limb here and taking FFB's word over Hammer. Call me crazy. Hammer has no "proof" either. It's "he said he said" and I'm going with the "non convicted felon" in this case.

I think Hammer is a crook and a liar too. But if you're gonna' call him out, and make a huge [#@$%!!!] display about it, back it up Counselor.

FFB didn't call him out, Hammer did the calling on the CPG boards and FFB responded. Get your facts in order puppet.

I'm going out on a limb here and taking FFB's word over Hammer. Call me crazy. Hammer has no "proof" either. It's "he said he said" and I'm going with the "non convicted felon" in this case.

exactly. Just what sort of "Proof" do you think Hammer wouldnt slither away from as he has always done all his life. He just goes on with HIS side of the story, and sadly, many people choose to believe him no matter how ridiculous it seems --- and then they talk about lack of "proof".

Bottom line? -- you believe Hammer? Go buy his books and be his friend. But dont come crying later.

FFB posted the emails describing a book that differed from the photos. That's more than Hammer did. Hammer's "proof" consisted of him saying that he'd only had 1 copy of that comic in 5 years. Emails vs. a liar saying something: you be the judge.

I think Hammer is a crook and a liar too. But if you're gonna' call him out, and make a huge [#@$%!!!] display about it, back it up Counselor.

Call him out? He called ME out. I responded with what proof I had. Was I the one on the anti-Hammer crusade? No.

Why don't you post under your real ID, coward?

Counselor, you're obviously WAY too emotionally invested in your dance with Danny D. Emails don't mean [#@$%!!!]. You'd laugh your [#@$%!!!] off if Hammer presented those as evidence of anything. It's about standards. You have to hold yourself to a [#@$%!!!] higher standard than him, don't you get it?

You're own words to Hammer from the CPG thread:

"I intend to teach you a lesson here that you won't soon forget."

He loves it when he gets into your head like that. And you didn't deliver. Other than the already-convinced crowd of true believers, on the CGC boards. Why engage him unless you wanna' get some new converts that don't know you from a pile of krap?

Maybe i am not following the logic behind your statement here, but as far as I recall Hammer has been busted a few times of restored/trimmed books. Now unless FFB has a personal grudge or vendeta against him, thats one thing, but he has shown to be a real pro/gentleman on these boards.

So my question to you is, whos word are you going to take 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's no point in trying to prove again what's already been proven to the converted.

Sure, you'll take Counselor's word for it. So will most of the CGC board. But as far as you and they are concerned is there anything left to prove? As far as Hammer goes the book's been written and closed.

Just don't expect someone that doesn't know the full backstory on either of the combatants to swallow a couple of emails as definitive proof of anything.

My ID has nothing to do with this. Everyone on the boards has the right to maintain anonymity. If I was kissing your [#@$%!!!] Counselor, you wouldn't be the least concerned with my ID.

Nope. I returned the book so there wasn't any reason to keep one.

FFB this isn't focused on you...

It seems most anytime someone contradicts what Hammer says, or other scam artists out there, we rarely can pull up the definitive before and after evidence to back our side. Makes it mighty easy for Hammer to say the accusation is just a baseless attack from "another crazy CGC apologist".

People who've been on these boards for awhile know the truth but more recent contributors may take what he says at face value and give him the benefit of a doubt. Especially on the CPG boards where he's done a pretty good job of portraying people on this Forum as a bunch of CGC suck-up quacks.

I learned a long while ago to save all scans whether I think I'll need them or not...

Jim

Look I would take Scott's word over Hammer's word any day of the year. In fact I would take Scott's word over most of the users on these boards. He has been nothing but honest and forthright in his posts. Other users have met him at forum dinners and have vouched for him, which is good enouhg for me.

However, it is unreasonable to point to non-existant proof that Hammer was wrong in this case. Anybody can describe flaws in a book and say that it was a different book, that does not prove anything. If Scott had a scan of Hammer's book that would go a long way in disputing Hammer's claims. Being a lawyer he should know better than using circumstantial evidence.

I think Scott is taking this way too personal. I don't like Hammer and don't agree with him at all.

Oh go [#@$%!!!] yourself. You can believe whatever you want. My proof wasn't enough for you? Believe Hammer. Go buy his books.

Scott , since you call your claims "PROOF".. Then I feel obligated to ask you..

Would what you have you presented to us (and CPG boards), hold up in court?..as PROOF?

Your emails to him do indeed show that you returned a AV 50 that was trimmed..

Emails can be cut/pasted and altered, now before you get in a bunch.. I AM NOT saying you did this.

Hear me out..

I am only looking at this from both sides.

Why would Hammer make this quote, as to why he posted the 2 scans of the Avengers #50, which, as he claims he sold to both YOU , and Ares.

WHY would I do that if I thought there was even a remote chance of you posting a "different" Avengers 50 that I supposedly sent you. WHY would I RISK being absolutely discredited if you had an image to post? How could I possibly KNOW that you wouldn't be able to post a different AV 50? I have no idea what scans, what emails, whatever you save and don't save

I can understand you bought a book from Hammer, and sent it back as trimmed..

But what I cant understand is why you did not keep a scan of the comic... if nothing more , for archives, or proof, and if nothing else to have as a resource in case it was sold again on Ebay to an unaware Ebayer.

You say you dumped it(the scan) because you sent the book back.. so no need to keep it.

That goes against everything you have ever said about keeping old PM's , emails.. etc...

I am not taking sides here.. I think Hammer is a crook, and a liar..but I only want you to see how this looks to others.

You are all about backing up what you start.. I applaud that.

But to me.. you email trail is not enough proof to convince me that what you accused Hammer of doing, would hold up in court.

And of all people, I would have thought you would see that.

Hearsay is just that...your word versus his.

And since his word is dirt, and yours has merit.

You win be default..

but I feel like you cheapen yourself when you go at him like that.. words dont hurt this guy..he lives for a fight.. real proof might shut him up.

So this is not about who I think is right here..

I just feel like it is within peoples right to cross examine, or question the facts, that you present so loudly, and if there is not iron clad proof( a scan).. you might be better off to just leave it alone next time.

As Hammer thrives on this stuff.. and we dont need to feed him anymore.

Ze-

Jim's right, but even if FFB had the scan, Hammer could simply say "that's not the book I sold you" or "I've never seen that book before," etc., etc. So it STILL wouldn't serve as conclusive evidence. The only thing to do in a case like this is to use our discretion. Ares used his, and decided to buy a book from Hammer. I'll use mine, and opt for the opposite. The guy doesn't sell precode horror anyway insane.gif

But he can't leave it alone, because Counselor is always right. And will never admit to being wrong about anything. Even when it hurts the anti-Hammer cause.

And correction:

No, the emails he posted as authentic referred to an AV50 that Counselor said was trimmed.

Big difference.

I never HAD a scan. Saving scans from other sellers on ebay is not something I've ever done before. Not with Comic-Keys (who I didn't know was a crook when I bought the damned book in the first place), not with anyone else.

Would my emails hold up in court? You bet they would. Did I change emails to make Hammer look bad? Are you [#@$%!!!] kidding me?

Look, you guys can believe what you want. You want to believe that I'd make up something in an email, before you'll believe that Hammer changed the file name on a scan? Go for it. Anyone who doesn't know me that well, I don't give a rat's [#@$%!!!] what you think anyway.

And exactly what am I supposed to leave alone? HE brought it up. I answered it. Now I am the bad guy because I didn't save a scan of a book eight months ago? And you're taking as gospel the word of a guy who has a pattern of lying that is decades long, and who recently accused Bob Storms of rampant trimming? A guy who has a convoluted story about this book making two trips through CGC and getting a blue label, but who can't explain why the ONE major defect on the book that I bought isn't present on this book he sold to Ares?

Are you insane? I hope I never get someone like you on my jury. People like you are the reason that OJ went free.

Oh go [#@$%!!!] yourself. You can believe whatever you want. My proof wasn't enough for you? Believe Hammer. Go buy his books.

Scott , since you call your claims "PROOF".. Then I feel obligated to ask you..

Would what you have you presented to us (and CPG boards), hold up in court?..as PROOF?

Emails can be cut/pasted and altered, now before you get in a bunch.. I AM NOT saying you did this.

Hear me out..

I am only looking at this from both sides.

Why would Hammer make this quote, as to why he posted the 2 scans of the Avengers #50, which, as he claims he sold to both YOU , and Ares.

WHY would I do that if I thought there was even a remote chance of you posting a "different" Avengers 50 that I supposedly sent you. WHY would I RISK being absolutely discredited if you had an image to post? How could I possibly KNOW that you wouldn't be able to post a different AV 50? I have no idea what scans, what emails, whatever you save and don't save

I can understand you bought a book from Hammer, and sent it back as trimmed..

But what I cant understand is why you did not keep a scan of the comic... if nothing more , for archives, or proof, and if nothing else to have as a resource in case it was sold again on Ebay to an unaware Ebayer.

You say you dumped it(the scan) because you sent the book back.. so no need to keep it.

That goes against everything you have ever said about keeping old PM's , emails.. etc...

I am not taking sides here.. I think Hammer is a crook, and a liar..but I only want you to see how this looks to others.

You are all about backing up what you start.. I applaud that.

But to me.. you email trail is not enough proof to convince me that what you accused Hammer of doing, would hold up in court.

And of all people, I would have thought you would see that.

Hearsay is just that...your word versus his.

And since his word is dirt, and yours has merit.

You win be default..

but I feel like you cheapen yourself when you go at him like that.. words dont hurt this guy..he lives for a fight.. real proof might shut him up.

So this is not about who I think is right here..

I just feel like it is within peoples right to cross examine, or question the facts, that you present so loudly, and if there is not iron clad proof( a scan).. you might be better off to just leave it alone next time.

Ze-

And I'm shocked that considering his obsession with Hammer, he doesn't have a box of Danny's toenail clippings hidden away.

Obsessed with him? I was one of the few people on this board who was even on speaking terms with him. I want to make him look bad? I have a vendetta?

You are full of it. Oh, and a coward too, hiding behind your shill ID.