• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Comic Keys experiment yeild good results!

240 posts in this topic

I decided to buy a book from comic-keys and see how it would come back!

So I bought Avengers 50 from 1968 advertised as unrestored 9.4

It came back today from CGC and it came back as a Blue label 9.2

On the other hand my Captain America 100 which all I can remember is buying from someone with a good online rep came back as a PLOD..

Score one for the bad guy?

1) I can't condone buying *anything* from the guy, period. Even if you get lucky and the book's not restored, you're simply putting $ in the pockets of a known forger.

2) Maybe the non-keys and lesser books are left as-is in order to maintain some semblance of propriety on his part?

3) Maybe CGC missed comic-keys unparalleled resto work while perusing your book?

4) Scan pleez

Funny because I was watching a Sub-Mariner #1, 9.8 (sure looked good) that went for only $400. I don't want to support the clown but if I can get one of those in a 9.8 for only $400 when they are selling for $2,000 its hard not to take a second look at it. My only concern is that I am not qualified to make a resto analysis on the spot once I receive it.

Funny because I was watching a Sub-Mariner #1, 9.8 (sure looked good) that went for only $400. I don't want to support the clown but if I can get one of those in a 9.8 for only $400 when they are selling for $2,000 its hard not to take a second look at it. My only concern is that I am not qualified to make a resto analysis on the spot once I receive it.

makepoint.gif

People never learn.

Quit while you're ahead brother. If history repeats itself, chances are you wont be as fortunate next time.

The book was still overgraded, FWIW.....

I'm not defending the guy but a 9.4 that is graded as a 9.2 is hardly a case of pulling the wool over someone's eyes, Judging from the recent grading contest how many of us would have graded it correctly. 60%?

Sheesh, are you guys such comic crackheadz that you have to resort to buying from a busted criminal? Take your girlfriends out to dinner, buy your mothers some flowers, do something else with your money people!! makepoint.gif

WELL SAID!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Quit while you're ahead brother. If history repeats itself, chances are you wont be as fortunate next time.

I wont be!

Most books are to expensive.

This one was cheap enough to see if it would pass muster

grade all your books and send them to CGC.

i bet you grade some 9.4 that come back 9.2.

Unless he paid less than $25 (and that includes shipping), he probably lost out.

And of course not everybook is restored, only the important ones.

grade all your books and send them to CGC.

i bet you grade some 9.4 that come back 9.2.

Unless he paid less than $25 (and that includes shipping), he probably lost out.

And of course not everybook is restored, only the important ones.

$25 Dollars

I decided to buy a book from comic-keys and see how it would come back!

So I bought Avengers 50 from 1968 advertised as unrestored 9.4

It came back today from CGC and it came back as a Blue label 9.2

On the other hand my Captain America 100 which all I can remember is buying from someone with a good online rep came back as a PLOD..

Score one for the bad guy?

YOU JUST MADE HIS DAY CHECK OUT www.comicspriceguide.com look under

Professionally Graded Comics: FFB's Avenger # 50 by Hammer2