• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want Barbie?

11 posts in this topic

Anyway I have a beautiful run of Barbie 1-50 and Barbie Fasion 1-50 all NM+ to NM/M.

I bought them every month for my ex and was unmercifully taunted for years by my collecting buddies :-) She's gone and I still have the books.

Does anyone know of a good home for them?

Steve

Anyway I have a beautiful run of Barbie 1-50 and Barbie Fasion 1-50 all NM+ to NM/M.

I bought them every month for my ex and was unmercifully taunted for years by my collecting buddies :-) She's gone and I still have the books.

Does anyone know of a good home for them?

Steve

That's spooky! One of my ex-girlfriends bought both runs also 1-50 while we were seeing each other to share in my hobby. When we split, she just left them with me! confused-smiley-013.gif

That's spooky! One of my ex-girlfriends bought both runs also 1-50 while we were seeing each other to share in my hobby. When we split, she just left them with me! confused-smiley-013.gif

Jayman, that is spooky. Are you me in some other dimension that has somehow crossed over with this one? Or is that crazy? insane.gif

Jayman, that is spooky. Are you me in some other dimension that has somehow crossed over with this one? Or is that crazy? insane.gif

Maybe it's the Barbi curse? confused-smiley-013.gif

I kinda always hoped that they might be worth something but I guess that's part of the curse also! tongue.gif

They could always become Halloween givaways to the kid (if the kids will take 'em!)

Good question Bullet.

They list in OS and at comicspriceguide.com for $9-10 each. I don't know why but there are a lot of Barbie fans I guess.

I'm not out to make anything off them if someone on the boards wants them so I'll sell them for cost ($200) plus s/h.

And trades are welcome.

I think that Barbiemania attracts a significant amount of crazy people, er, collectors, well beyond just the sphere of comic collectors. Still, I'm also surprised that the books go for as much as they do, as I wouldn't expect doll collectors to be overly condition-crazy about their non-doll collectibles.

I think my friend's kid sister has some old carebear comics, anybody want em? 27_laughing.gif