• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 17-19, 2014

130 posts in this topic

On that day there's also another event in Dallas, the Dallas Comic & Pop Expo. They did one in March which I heard was alright. Super small, takes place at the Richardson.

Don't expect guest info until July.

The Dallas Comic & Pop Expo in March was a complete waste of time and money. There were virtually no comics there. Just a couple people with dollar boxes and then me. Attendance and sales were dismal to say the least.

There will be a one day Fan Expo show at the Irving Convention Center on August 9th with free admission. Several comic dealers have already committed to it, including myself. I think Duncanville will be there also.

But no guests announced? Was hoping they would announce something about guests ahead of time to plan whether I should ask Mike Balent for CGC SS permission or not.

On that day there's also another event in Dallas, the Dallas Comic & Pop Expo. They did one in March which I heard was alright. Super small, takes place at the Richardson.

The Dallas Comic & Pop Expo in March was a complete waste of time and money. There were virtually no comics there. Just a couple people with dollar boxes and then me. Attendance and sales were dismal to say the least.

There will be a one day Fan Expo show at the Irving Convention Center on August 9th with free admission. Several comic dealers have already committed to it, including myself. I think Duncanville will be there also.

But no guests announced? Was hoping they would announce something about guests ahead of time to plan whether I should ask Mike Balent for CGC SS permission or not.

Mark said expect guests announcements in about a month or so.

Mark said expect guests announcements in about a month or so.

I can't see them going too hardcore on guests for this one day show, but it would be nice to start planning for October.

They finally confirmed Elijah Wood today.

I'm beginning to hate this, one individual announcement a week thing they are doing. Thinking about skipping it unless there is some HUGE announcement.

Are they going to announce six times the event again? My mistake, this is else where instead of dallas convention center. I guess I have to wait til next year for that "Six times the event.....event......eve....ev......". I am skipping this one. I hate to get suckered into the "comic con" and when I show up, all I see are media guests.