• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 20

24 posts in this topic

There appears to be a large crease on the back cover at the top of the book on the spine side. It appears as though this could be pressed out. I would say that as is the book is 5.5 but presents much nicer. With a press and a clean from joey you might get this up to 7.0 ;)

Thanks. Is the issue where the edge of the front cover appears onto the back called spine roll? Or is that something else? Is that issue something that would have been a factory issue? Learning as I go.

This is referred to as a mis-wrapped cover. It is a printing defect and does not effect your grade! :)

Actually it is probably more of a bindery defect then a printing defect! Or a combination of both!

FN- for me but as previously stated by others presents nicer...

This is what I would grade the book. If you're considering sending it in to CGC bear in mind CGC is presently grading EXTREMELY TOUGH! From what I've seen of my own submissions and others in the last couple of months they are hammering books...appears to be a current philosophy of how low can we grade the book...not how high...

2c

I'm getting it pressed and then sending it in. Would be ok with a 6.0 and fingers crossed for a 7.5/8.0

It looks even better in person.

Good luck Red! I hope it comes back in the grade you hope! Please keep us posted when you do get the results! :wishluck: