• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade this favorite: X-Men #50 by Jim Steranko

13 posts in this topic

FN/VF 7.0

Great eye appeal, looks higher-grade, but overall surface wear + spine creases + long color-breaking creases along lower half of right edge of fc + NCB creases you mention bring this one down a bit.

BTW, you also have a tape pull on the back cover in the middle of the text below A Plan To Help Others gossip.gif

Thanks, not a tape pull, but rather it looks like some schmutz was stuck there, and then indiscriminately scraped off. foreheadslap.gif

FN/VF 7.0

Great eye appeal, looks higher-grade, but overall surface wear + spine creases + long color-breaking creases along lower half of right edge of fc + NCB creases you mention bring this one down a bit.

Thanks, don't know if I'd go that low . . . shy.gif

FN/VF 7.0

With that long crease running down the front cover, right edge that breaks color, I also think its a 7.0 blush.gif

FN/VF 7.0

With that long crease running down the front cover, right edge that breaks color, I also think its a 7.0 blush.gif

blush.gif I see it, but I don't believe it 27_laughing.gif That is the lightest "crease" you will ever see blush.gif

thanks yeahok.gif

FN/VF 7.0

blush.gif I see it, but I don't believe it 27_laughing.gif That is the lightest "crease" you will ever see blush.gif

thanks yeahok.gif

OK - 7.5 then, but no more.............. grin.gif

i LOVE this cover............. cloud9.gif

Thanks, not a tape pull, but rather it looks like some schmutz was stuck there, and then indiscriminately scraped off. foreheadslap.gif

First, I don't think it matters how it occured, there's loss of paper there, and that's what counts..?

As for that being the "lightest crease you'll ever see," that may be - any lighter and it would probably be non-color breaking... but it does run up much of the front right edge of the book... I see it in two places: from Vision's arm to Angel's wing, and then again further up, about halfway up the cover.

First, I don't think it matters how it occured, there's loss of paper there, and that's what counts..?

Yes, I agree, except that "tape pulls" are generally much larger and rectangular, so that describing it as such is misleading.

As for that being the "lightest crease you'll ever see," that may be - any lighter and it would probably be non-color breaking... but it does run up much of the front right edge of the book... I see it in two places: from Vision's arm to Angel's wing, and then again further up, about halfway up the cover.

Upon closer inspection, it's actually an overhang issue (for what it's worth).