• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Superior Spider-Man?

204 posts in this topic

And dont forget....no variants to taint it.

Speculative

I don't agree, but I'm willing to be convinced. What are your thoughts?

To me, I can't see where down the road anyone is going to be saying: 'I really need to get SSM 30' specifically. Similar character returns after 'death' aren't sought out or seen as key.

Agreed.....e.g. Green Arrow #1 (Smith/Hester series from 2001). It was hot for a NY minute, but now is it even worth $5? I know Spider-Man has a much bigger following but I'm not sure that will matter. Heroes die and are reborn way too many times. The novelty wears off pretty quick.

Meck

Same thing has happened up here.

I visited a couple stores today, and noticed every single copy had stress marks along the spine on the back cover.

Until I scanned mine I could really only see two, now it looks like 4, 5 tops. Does that really stop it from being a 9.8 if you can't see most of them without a high res scan?

I just picked up this week's issue @ lcs, it has the same issues as last months with very bad spine creases, all the books were hammered. I picked the best one which looks like a 9.4 if I'm lucky maybe a 9.6. Not sure if its the size of the book or the printer is having issues. Anyone else notice this problem?

I just picked up this week's issue @ lcs, it has the same issues as last months with very bad spine creases, all the books were hammered. I picked the best one which looks like a 9.4 if I'm lucky maybe a 9.6. Not sure if its the size of the book or the printer is having issues. Anyone else notice this problem?
I agree they were all and at the LCS I went to today

It's probably the size of the book. Best copy was one of the variants (JSC) the goblin vs Spidey variant was the worst damaged

Are the midtown variants having the same problem?

No; I was there today and picked up a set (color and b&w). They were pre-bag/boarded, but I inspected some and if they'd allowed more than one per customer, I'd have easily picked out a few 9.8 worthy copies. However, I did notice that some of the color ones had crunches on the bottom left corner.