• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the deal with these GA Actions on eBay?

34 posts in this topic

Sure looks like a scam. Six GA books, and everything else is clothes and shoes. The Comics are auctions, while the clothes and shoes are BINs. Looks like a hijacked account, right?

What I can't figure out is where do the back cover scans come from? These books were just purchased in the November CL auction, and as we know, CL doesn't post back cover scans.

Whatcha' think?

golddie2010's eBay listings

Absolute scam, would be shocked if it wasnt.

So would I, but where did those back cover scans come from? I guess they could have requested them from CL during the auction. Or maybe the current owner posted front and back cover scans somewhere?

One book has a Comic Connect sticker and one has a Metro sticker. CLink will usually send you back cover scans if you ask. I clicked through the View Item link on two books in his feedback but the links didn't lead to the books. (shrug)

If you click feedback as a seller it lists several high dollar Golden Age books have sold. It appears this seller is 100% legit.

If they're real, how odd to list them so fast after acquiring them.

(shrug)

Could be, but this would be the poster child for how not to flip books. Pay top dollar in an auction setting, then throw them up on eBay a month later with no reserve? Good way to lose thousands of dollars.

If you click feedback as a seller it lists several high dollar Golden Age books have sold. It appears this seller is 100% legit.

If they're real, how odd to list them so fast after acquiring them.

(shrug)

Could be, but this would be the poster child for how not to flip books. Pay top dollar in an auction setting, then throw them up on eBay a month later with no reserve? Good way to lose thousands of dollars.

Where there is smoke....

Let us know what responses they provide.

Here's his response. Seems reasonable...

Hi, i bought this very recently online auctions. Clink & c connect. But something has come up and i need to raise funds. As these books are not core part of my collection i am letting them go. I am sad to let them go and am sure will lose on fees etc but unfor my situation dictates that i need ££££ more than books. Hope that helps, any further questions pls ask.