• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final 2013 Art Day/Comiclink Haul!

10 posts in this topic

2013 was the year I returned to comic art collecting, in what I hope was a responsible way. Picked up a total of 4 pieces, all keepers, and stuck to my budget. With FedEx arriving today, the 31st, it caps the year. Can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

Presented for your perusal are the two pieces I picked up from the recent Comiclink auction. I was really psyched to see both pieces in the auction, and with so much stuff I was interested in, I really needed to decide where to focus my efforts. This is the result.

I had been keeping an eye on the Detective page with the origin of Batwoman for a long time, but the three page sequence was all held by one collector and it would have been a pain, and blown my budget, to try to acquire all three when I really just wanted the middle page as the showpiece and example of the run for me. So when I saw all three pages on Comiclink, I sprung into action:

http://cafurl.com?i=20706

The Detective Annual Cover I remembered so well from when I was a teenager reading the Armageddon 2001 storyline, which despite it's crappy (to me) ending, had so many great stories in it, and one of my favorite standalone Batman stories from around the time. Love love love picking up great art at responsible prices, and this one will have an honored place on my walls very shortly:

http://cafurl.com?i=20707

Thanks for viewing, and Happy New Year to all my fellow collectors!

JH

Those are both really great. Congrats.

Fed Ex tracking shows my last acquisition of 2013 should reach my front door sometime this afternoon. :wishluck:

Great page from the JH Williams sequence!

What a cover, Reminds me - I need to get some painted pieces!

Thanks guys, and yes, I have found painted art to be extremely fulfilling. But the most fulfilling aspect of art buying is getting stuff you love at reasonable prices. Makes it a no brainer and you love it even more! :cloud9:

So you're the one that won the J.H. Williams page. I was a competing bidder on that one. :D

Congratulations on the page. It's a lovely one, that's for sure.

Did you happen to win the other two? I thought there was a good chance I was going to someone off by just buying the middle page of the sequence, but then again, this sold for less than the final page, so I caught a break. It was the one I really wanted and was not walking away without it.

JH!

No, I didn't win anything in the last Clink auction. The prices were blowing me away. :cry:

Those J.H. Williams pages look so much better without being colored. They should have published them with just the pencil & inks--no color. His work is some of the best I've ever seen in any comic, ever.