• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How tight do you pack your boxes?

86 posts in this topic

I like em tight but not tooooo tight. A little loose so I can get in and out quickly but not super loose where I can stick my whole arms in kinda thing.

Loose enough to stick a hand in order two and thumb threw is good enough. Makes for an easier cleanup too.

My box that has Adventure Time and some other moderns in it has gotten pretty tight, so I'm about to do some rearranging. THe problem that I'm seeing is that the books aren't all, for lack of a better term, aligning, meaning some in their sleeves and boards protrude out to the left or right as opposed to lining up neatly along the center. One or two seemed bowed as a result. And getting them to all line back up neatly wasn't as easily accomplished as I had imagined. So I'm going to give them a little more breathing room and hopefully put less stress on them.

And yes, Happy New Year to all you folks?

I pack my books tightly, but not tight enough to restrict a good thumbing through...

I like just enough "give" to allow me to find and remove a comic without doing damage. The books are packed just tightly enough to keep them vertical and straight. I don't like a lot of movement in the boxes.

I definitely think, however, that you can pack them too tightly.

And whatever you do make sure you wrap your Giant Size Man thing in a bag before you pack the box or you can't be sure what you'll pull out of the box later.
I've been having trouble finding bags big enough to wrap my giant sized man thing.