• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTING: Top 20 Finalists for Funny Book of the Year!

TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013  

252 members have voted

1. 1. TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013

104 posts in this topic

was just wondering hm

Ok... I'll bite. How much 'wondering' are you doing Rick? Or better stated, can you send me a pic of your wonderment? :baiting:

:wishluck:

(or you have one and you didn't purchase it in 2013?)

Overall, I think the polling system worked well although I'm still in shock (flattered) that the Church 'Tec #18 ended up snagging 2nd place.

That was actually my top choice from the list, though the DC keys were close behind. Amazing and unique book. (thumbs u

i voted the 'tec 2nd, right behind the cap.

Overall, I think the polling system worked well although I'm still in shock (flattered) that the Church 'Tec #18 ended up snagging 2nd place.

That was actually my top choice from the list, though the DC keys were close behind. Amazing and unique book. (thumbs u

I voted the FC 1 as many probably guessed.

I voted the FC 1 as many probably guessed.

Uniqueness is tough to ignore even when the very top keys are in competition.

Clearly the contest was rigged :kidaround:

Well, yes, but I don't mind as long as I get my Jackson.

I think they were offering Johnson's instead

Ha - I knew it was Monopoly money all along.

I prefer Grover Clevelands

was just wondering hm

Ok... I'll bite. How much 'wondering' are you doing Rick? Or better stated, can you send me a pic of your wonderment? :baiting:

I bought it in 2013, but it wasn't one of my favorite 3 (thumbs u

was just wondering hm

I bought it in 2013, but it wasn't one of my favorite 3 (thumbs u

I don't blame you... It wouldn't be many ppl's favorite either...

lol

Wow, I was way off

#1- Fight against crime #20 is a very undervalued Key book, SOTI classic, highest graded...

#2- DD v. Hitler...this came out before PH., I believe 9.4 could be the highest grade and the cover oh my...total classic

Wow, I was way off

#1- Fight against crime #20 is a very undervalued Key book, SOTI classic, highest graded...

#2- DD v. Hitler...this came out before PH., I believe 9.4 could be the highest grade and the cover oh my...total classic

I've got a decent copy of DD v. Hitler too. :)

daredevilbattles1-94_zpsa677da11.jpg

i nailed the cap 1 and the 'tec 18---i voted for the wrong church centaur. sorry bunky b, i just kinda love the train cover.

You and I seem to think alike... my exact votes :D (and reasoning lol )

Wow, I was way off

I've got a decent copy of DD v. Hitler too. :)

daredevilbattles1-94_zpsa677da11.jpg

(worship) Sweet book, West!

Lighting strikes twice....great book....

Mitch, a fairly reliable source once told me that a bunch of few high grade copies of DBH were discovered in the ERB estate.

While I've never been able to verify this, the CGC census does reflect higher than average numbers of nice copies (for instance, 6 in 9.4 blue label).

In any case, Daredevil Battles Hitler is an awesome book. I'm glad it's well represented in grade regardless of the impact on investment value.

As classic first issues go, few rock like this'n. :headbang: