• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who do you want brought back from "cancellation" hell??

46 posts in this topic

This is more of a general comics question, but let's try and keep it to a Silver or Bronze discussion. Which character, Marvel or DC, do you want to see resurrected with a brand new creative team, a brand new #1 issue, a great storyline, etc...? Which character do you think has always had tremendous potential but has never been handled correctly?

My pick, and I think this is happening later this year (but who knows) is Dr. Strange.

I always thought the good Dr. should be a key member of the Marvel Universe. He should be the gatekeeper to all the unanswered questions floating around the Marvel world...Plus, let him fight some of the 70's horror guys like Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein, TOD, etc...

Silver Surfer is a close second. I don't understand why Marvel has basically kept him under wraps for the last couple of years - he and Dr. Strange were featured in that much hyped new Defenders book last year, but that didn't work...

Anyone else?

I'd like to see Deathlok done again in his original Buckler version.

Iron Fist for sure.

Skull the Slayer? I liked that book.

And I know it's too recent for this thread but totally pissed that DC has just cancelled Supergirl. I thought that was a great book.

Check out Firestorm's "return" in a DC comic called the Power Company. I never read that series but picked up the last issue since I had read Firestorm would be returning to the DC universe through that book...

Great idea Jeff...

Modernized Deathlok with new technology

Ghost Rider is also an obvious choice... why can't they get that done?

Nova with a new concept (maybe grouped with Iron Man?)

Guardians of the Galaxy...

and of course Powerpack, Omega the unknown and Ragman

----------------

On a tangent...

IF I was Comic King for a day... and could call upon creative teams to be reborn

I'd want to see another...

Miller/Janson DD run

Claremeont/Byrne/Austin X-men run

Moore/Bisset/Tottleben Swampie (sp?) run (loved that)

IRON FIST starting with a battle royal with Elektra ... oh the possibilities.

CONAN - he used to be so popular, maybe again with the right creative team.

DR. STRANGE - glad he's coming back

SUBMARINER - this time with a sense of humor. Rather enjoyed his bit part in Avengers recently and I don't remember ever seeing him laugh - I liked it.

The Question, again written by Denny O'Neil, but a new artist would be cool. Loved the Sienkiewcz cover to #1-- may he could do it.

Plastic Man written by Grant Morrison. Get someone wild to do the art (Kyle Baker?)

Cheers,

Z.

How about resurrecting Marvel mags so we can have something to slab? Deadly Hands of Kung Fu (Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Daughters of the Dragon), Dracula Lives, Savage Sword Conan. Just reprint the old N Adams & Boris/Earl Norem covers respectively wink.gif .

Great question Jeff. I would like to see all of these characters done "right"

Metamorpho - One of my absolute favorite characters

Firestorm - I second and third all the others who mentioned him

Iron Fist - Done very well in kind of a "Miller Daredevil atmosphere" that isn't all street thigs and taking on some great "fighter" villians like Zaran, Taskmaster, Batroc

Checkmate (obscure DC from the 80's) - I always liked the concept of the book which was an organization of bad-[!@#%^&^] fighters with "super-soldier" that made them "more than human" but not so indestructible as to make the book boring.

Alpha Flight - A great group with ties to Wolverine that was just never handled properly. Some great characters including Sasquatch, Puck and Vindicator.

Iron Fist - maybe starting off in a Daredevil book.

Dr Strange - Like someone else said, he is the key that unlocks all the weird Marvel titles.

As for Conan...he is a cool character, but he doesn't really fit into the Marvel Universe, he is kind of on his own. I like stories that meld the whole thing together, like Valiant had in the early days. In fact, I think a big crossover with Doctor Strange as the central character would be a great way to resurect the few viable Valiant Characters into the Marvel Universe (x-o, solar, shadowman, and a few others). I have an idea of how to do this, but I'll save that for an email to Marvel :-)