• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 232 - 1st Liam Neeson

13 posts in this topic

Now let me ask you.Why would you press a comic like this,just curious. (shrug)

I didn't see it prior as it was purchased pressed (the LCS has their own pressing service and they take full advantage of that by pressing their issues to boost the grade and sale. I imagine any number of pressable defects that it could have had beforehand (spine roll, nail indentations, who knows, etc.)

Now let me ask you.Why would you press a comic like this,just curious. (shrug)

I didn't see it prior as it was purchased pressed (the LCS has their own pressing service and they take full advantage of that by pressing their issues to boost the grade and sale. I imagine any number of pressable defects that it could have had beforehand (spine roll, nail indentations, who knows, etc.)

With that said 5.0

6.0. I feel like the back could be cleaned a bit to improve the appearance and grade.

are there methods to actually clean a comic that doesn't 'formally' include restoration?

Try Wonder bread.

6.0. I feel like the back could be cleaned a bit to improve the appearance and grade.

are there methods to actually clean a comic that doesn't 'formally' include restoration?

Try Wonder bread.

Or send it off to a professional for cleaning. Yes it is non restorative. You want the book to appear higher than a 6 for it to be dropped to a 6 for the stain.

3.5-4.0

That's a water stain on the back cover in the upper corner, which most probably goes through the book into the enclosed pages.

This. It also appears that it may have had a sub-crease (look at the soiling on the BC). Why anyone would press a dirty book is beyond me. The LCS must just press all day long in the back room. I would avoid that store like the plague. :screwy: