• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy 5: Midtown Comics Variant: Double Signatures!

15 posts in this topic

What's there not to love about Yellow Labels? I blame Tnerb and Bag O' Fleas for the whole yellow label epidemic. Damn did I catch the fever... Yellow Fever anyone?

But seriously... How can I not glory the one and only Angela making her team debut in Guardians of the Galaxy 5? Am I not the biggest nutjob for the little lady? And best of all, these variants come by way of my favorite LCS: Midtown Comics in NYC. That's right!... Ya gotta REPRESENT!

And equally sweet (still going with the NYC theme), these four beauties were all signed by cover artist Mark Brooks and Sara Pichelli at NYComicCon last year in October.

Although the blizzard hitting us tonight may freeze my balls off, I've got Angela to thaw me out! Add Gamora in the mix and I'm going Supernova!

It's Yellow Label Madness!

SW3D

14964.png

See more journals by screenwriter3d

Those are very nice. Any chance you would part with one?

And give up his cornering of the market... but yeah good question.

Anyways, I like the first one, am a little indifferent to the second, the third is :o but that fourth (worship) .

Congrat's on her return and your haul of four of a kind.

BTW: GOTG 9 & 10 were AWESOME!!!! Read them last night. Angela & Gamora, oh my!!!! You really can't ask for more... They just go by so fast and feel so short... We're smack dab in the middle of all out chaos, I'm totally loving it!!!! But, where, oh where is Thanos....?!?!! #11 could not come fast enough!

To be honest, I thought issue 9 was lame, but issue 10 I just picked up and have heard glowing reviews so I can't wait to read it this weekend. Since we got 9 inches of snow dumped on us in the NorthEast, I figured Saturday night will be the perfect time to read the exploits of Angela and Gamora. Can't wait!

And where is that purple Titan these days? Causing trouble I imagine.

I know you are collecting the many variants to this issue. I was actually on the hunt for the Forbidden Planet variant of this issue. On or about the release of GOTG5, late one night after work, I ran downtown to FP to try and wrangle their variant copy and unfortunately they sold out of it. The store rep could see how dissapointed I was and was very apologetic. I was surprised... I didn't think I appeared that upset or dissapointed, but he looked at me like he had just given me the worst news of my life. Am I that much of an Angela fan that it shows or is it the typical behavior of comic book nerds?

SW3D

Hey n2wdw,

I live in NYC and work a few blocks away from Midtown Comics Grand Central, which is where I bought the four variants.

Here's a great moment I had at Midtown Comics. Others on the board already know the story, but you may get a kick out of it: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=12750

Totally agree... Great Store! Great Selection!

SW3D

Great story, I'm a big fan of John Byrne. I own a copy of Art of John Byrne, and admit I'm old enough to have bought it new. Way back, I wrote a letter to Comic Buyer's Guide describing how I bought a run of his Next Men at a buck a piece, and the next month he published a letter saying how my purchase in no way reflected the true market demand for his comic. So that was my 10 seconds of fame, being chastised by John Byrne!

Oh dude... you got a copy of the Art of John Byrne... that makes me so jealous! I had one so many years ago and it got ruined. I used to draw almost every day trying to mimick JB's style. That book was my art bible! What condition would you say your copy is in?

So cool... chastised by the man himself. Although JB's a Comic Book Legend, he's too uptight! He needs to chill!

FYI: I got the ACA Comix graded: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=14109

It claims the top spot right now. :)

BTW: Are any of your Lady Mechanika's OAK's or formerly OAK's? If so you could post on my thread.

SW3D