• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Gods #3 Kirby 4th World Artwork and intro The Black Racer!

7 posts in this topic

This one has it all folks!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. It's been awhile since I have posted anything, been keeping pretty busy with work and the holidays. But I happened to snag this little beauty from an ebay auction last week and I am so excited I actually couldn't wait until it arrived, so I am bragging about it now.

First I am very old school and love my old time artists especially Jack Kirby. I happen to own about 90% of all his 4th world work with multiples on many issues. What I don't have is a very high grade CGC set of any of them. Enter the Black Racer and issue #3 of the New Gods.

The colors on this book are amazing and it really is one of those books that I myself have found to be very hard to obtain in high grade over the years.

There is one issue graded higher at 9.9 but I will be very happy with this copy.

Enjoy,

A~

14965.jpg

See more journals by Dre

HNY Dre! It's been a long time. Glad to see you back.

That comic is STUNNING! Totally understand why you are psyched and want to share.

What is there not to love about Kirby? The man isn't King for nothin'.

New Gods is a title I've been meaning to read. I know alot about it, but have never picked up a Kirby version.... gotta change all that this year. I'll probably buy a TPB or HC Volume first to really enjoy it. And if I have the greenbacks, start trolling for graded issues.

Congrats on this wonderful addition to your collection.

Welcome back!

SW3D

Know nothing about New Gods, but Kirby is the man and that is a really cool looking cover. It just astounds me to see such a nice looking copy from 1971. I like to imagine what the owner of that book must have went through to keep it in that condition, what kind of person they were, and how many other books they had the foresight to preserve like that. Thanks for sharing!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

I also had very little direct knowledge of Kirby's Fourth World, but I rectified that with the Fourth World Omnibi. These books take the whole line (New Gods, Forever People, Mister Miracle, and Jimmy Olsen) and collate them chronologically so the overall theme is more apparent. Very highly recommended.

Fourth World Omnibus 1 on Amazon