• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The boards, where best intentions are turned into your worst nightmare.

292 posts in this topic

Look at all the white that is on the bottom of the cover and the white showing on the bottom left corner. Mine does not have that.

His scanner scans brighter, so it makes anything white more prominent.

This.

No, they did not say that the package was damaged. The said this, "obviously this was dropped on a corner and got nailed". I packaged this with cardboard 11" x 7.5" and I use 2-3 pieces of cardboard.

I don't remember if sent in a box, but how I send it would have to have been crushed a lot to do any sort of damage. I package very well.

You don't remember whether you sent it in a box or not? Maybe the buyer has a point. Not looking good, dude.

Edit: was it taped onto the cardboard? I tape them down lightly, so they don't shift. Otherwise, they're susceptible to corner damage.

This is a real touchy subject in trying to claim that somebody is a thief, liar, scammer, etc. without concrete evidence. I would come down to his word against mine. I package my books very well and the buyers did not say that they packages were damaged in transit.

My purpose wasn't to out anybody, but to make people aware.

Yes, this happened twice.

Here is the book that I sent:

nyx3_zpsb60c76ee.png

Here is the book they claim they got:

nyx_zpsed517d56.jpg

I will have to find the pictures of the other transaction.

I would be interested in seeing the pictures of the other transaction.

No, they did not say that the package was damaged. The said this, "obviously this was dropped on a corner and got nailed". I packaged this with cardboard 11" x 7.5" and I use 2-3 pieces of cardboard.

I don't remember if sent in a box, but how I send it would have to have been crushed a lot to do any sort of damage. I package very well.

You don't remember whether you sent it in a box or not? Maybe the buyer has a point. Not looking good, dude.

There's a lot of failed memories in this transaction.

I know that is not the book I sent. I didn't out the buyers because it could be so controversial, I said my piece and will leave it at that. Just a warning.

So what was the second book?

i'd be interested in seeing it too

I know that is not the book I sent. I didn't out the buyers because it could be so controversial, I said my piece and will leave it at that. Just a warning.

So what was the second book?

i'd be interested in seeing it too

I would be interested in seeing the buyers opinion. I mean, it is Friday.

To me the warning is about you, you have told me, that you are someone that doesnt keep records, and doesnt pack in a box when shipping international, crossing you off my buying list

If it is a warning about avoiding a half-assed thread that is a complete circlejerk time-waster, then mission accomplished!

To me the warning is about you, you have told me, that you are someone that doesn't keep records, and doesnt pack in a box when shipping international, crossing you off my buying list

I actually wrote something to this effect in my last post but didn't want to be the first to say it, but what the hell…

+1

If it is a warning about avoiding a half-assed thread that is a complete circlejerk time-waster, then mission accomplished!

I feel you m'man, but if you don't give us any details about the buyer at all, then what's the warning? Beware, things could go wrong if you sell stuff? Or beware, you might have some disagreements in life?

On the flip side...so it's the same comic...that doesn't mean it was damaged in transit. It could have been hurt by either buyer or seller at any time...all we have are two scans, the words of boostergold, and nothing from or about the buyer.