• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week going to CGC

28 posts in this topic

I love the this week back from CGC and thought it would be kind of cool if we had a thread on books going to CGC. A lot of people have scans of their raw books before they ship them off and it would be kind of neat to see the before and after and maybe share where the book came from and what your hopes and dreams are for certain books :banana:

This came from Comix4fun on the boards about 3-4 years ago and it's the Massachusetts copy. Hope I'm able to get the pedigree recognized and the higher the better :wishluck:

det415front.jpeg

det415back.jpeg

I love the this week back from CGC and thought it would be kind of cool if we had a thread on books going to CGC. A lot of people have scans of their raw books before they ship them off and it would be kind of neat to see the before and after and maybe share where the book came from and what your hopes and dreams are for certain books :banana:

This came from Comix4fun on the boards about 3-4 years ago and it's the Massachusetts copy. Hope I'm able to get the pedigree recognized and the higher the better :wishluck:

det415front.jpeg

det415back.jpeg

Sweet copy! What grade are you thinking?

Strange Adventures 147 looking at the census only 10 graded and the highest is a 9.4. I want it all on this one 9. something would be great. This one came from a big auction house maybe the biggest auction house **Cough Cough**Heritage**Cough Cough** in a Strange Adventures lot I won

strangeadv147front.jpeg

strangeadv147back.jpeg

That bottom right front corner it the major thing still thinking 9.2 or better

det415front.jpeg

det415back.jpeg

Hard to tell from the scan, but looks like it has several small defects that will put it in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. Look at the small color breaking crease on the lower right hand corner.

det415front.jpeg

det415back.jpeg

Hard to tell from the scan, but looks like it has several small defects that will put it in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. Look at the small color breaking crease on the lower right hand corner.

Yes. Looks like there may be a bit of a bump just left of that as well. Underneath the yellow circle.

Good luck with it!

I couldn't help myself on this one not high grade but presents nice about a 2 1/2 inch tear on back whatever it gets it gets. Oh and this one came from Greg Reece (love buying books from that guy) These are going in with my coupons from last year so hopefully they will be back in a month and I'll post them in the back from CGC thread

HOM1front.jpeg

HOM1back.jpeg

How about we have a thread of books we would like to buy years from now then plan on sending to CGC?

I am sure everyone would deem that just as relevant. :applause:

Comic's General lately has been just bombarded with ground breaking intelligent threads such as this one that everyone just appreciates so much.

Thank you for starting such an amazing and interesting topic! (worship)

How about we have a thread of books we would like to buy years from now then plan on sending to CGC?

Comic's General lately has been just bombarded with ground breaking intelligent threads such as this one that everyone just appreciates so much.

:ohnoez:

No thank you for gracing this thread with your presents Spider (worship) feel more complete now. Looks like all you been doing lately is :troll:

No thank you for gracing this thread with your presents Spider (worship) feel more complete now. Looks like all you been doing lately is :troll:

No I am being serious. (shrug)

This is a good and interesting thread.

JWK,

You should also start this thread:

Official books to Submit to CGC years from now

I love the thread this week going to CGC and thought it would be kind of cool if we had a thread on books that you have not bought yet but will plan to send to CGC years from now. :cool:

Post a list of the books you want to buy years from now that you plan on submitting to CGC.

It will be a total hit. :popcorn:

No I am being serious. (shrug)

This is a good and interesting thread.

Really I feel kind of like Sheldon trying to detect sarcasm hm

A lot of people have scans of their raw books before they ship them off and it would be kind of neat to see the before and after...

Great idea. (thumbs u

If this thread takes off it will probably be my favorite.

I proposed this in the 'Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?' forum a long time ago, but it never got any traction.

It's hilarious that SOT is firebombing this thread. Amidst all the butthurt, Ebay drank my milkshake, I may have been scammed, but I can't remember, I am the n00b bull in the china shop du jour threads, this thread stands out as having the potential for a lot of comic related fun.

Imagine the possibilities here: a Greggy post with 30 silver and bronze gems before they were graded to go along with the post of the 30 after they've been graded. :grin:

Seriously, the idea for the thread seems fine to me, but I think it belongs in the grading and resto forum.