• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #115 Signed/Sketch Ben Templesmith

7 posts in this topic

ALL OUT WAR

Just got this baby back after being graded as an ideal Signature Series 9.8

Very happy and pleased with the grade and the beautiful sketch.

I went to the Long Beach Comic Convention back in November and got this signed and sketched by Ben Templesmith. Real approachable guy. Extremely talented and famous for the art in 30 Days of Night, and Ten Grand. A master in his genre.

I requested a Michonne Zombie Battle scene on the cover and he produced this piece of art. It's amazing what a little Ink, pencil, watercolor paints can do in the right hands.

This is a keeper!

Thanks for looking....,

14975.jpg

See more journals by roninduelist

Thanks meshuggah,

As you know, hand sketched books are hard to predict. Artists must handle the book in order to sketch the book. Both of my fingers were crossed, and several Hail Marys were uttered prior to handing them over to CGC. The CGC Gods were appeased!

:)

Ronin, being a huge fan of sketch art myself I do have to say when I first saw this one raw I was really amazed and have since placed Ben on the ole' bucket list of artists to gain a sketch from. Looks amazing slabbed and congratulations on the higher grade. I do know I felt the same way you did in hoping and praying they stayed in good condition but have since abandoned that philosophy and simply enjoyed the art for whatever grade it is.

Amazing pick-up you have there.

I can't stop looking at this one honestly. Something about the dingy grime feeling in conjunction with the blood splatter just keeps bringing me back in. The cartoonish look of Michonne in this one mixed with the serious tone of the book draws me in to wanting to look at it even more. I have to say he did an absolutely amazing job and while I will be back to look again in a few I'm sure I'll find something else about it that I love.

Cannot comment enough on how amazing this piece of art truly is to me.

Thanks Kaholo and SW3D,

I admired Templesmith's contrasting art and those realistic signature blood splatters! I don't know how he does it, but everytime I look at it, I see something different. He is currently taking commisions from his website. And every once in a while, you can spot a Signed/Sketch Cover CGC 9.8 on ebay. I'm going on the hunt for more of his sketches and I will share the photos with this board once I acquire them.