• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-bay Gold Mine or rip off.. You be the judge

36 posts in this topic

That Detective 29 image came from the cgc boards in a jgallo sales thread from 10/11/10. Here is the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4318661

Darren Smith

Good work. If it looks too good to be true...

Of course, the seller's refusal to upload any other scans was a bit of a clue.

I asked the seller this...

"Hi, could tell me more about the Detective Comics #29?

Is the picture that's shown, actually the one in this lot and where was that purchased.

Thanks."

Not sure if there will be a response.

I just asked them why the scan is the same as the one from the thread here 3 years ago? I told them I'd report them as a fraud if I didn't get an answer on the Q&A thread.

By the way, I have this book for sale...um...uh...not sure of the value...I'll say $20...

345720-captainamerica26_zpsc7bc77ad.jpg

:takeit:

I'll paypal you in the morning, thank you!

;)

Here's the response I got...

"I don't have a camera so it's for reference,how much different can a coverless comic book be? It is after all a beater w/ no higher of a grade than a POOR bottom of the barrel.If it offends,I can remove it but I meant no harm.Just trying to get back on my feet after heart problems,I saw no harm ESPECIALLY since I accept returns NOT trying to mislead anyone.Why would I mislead anyone with a coverless comic book? It's a POOR."

I don't know, maybe this auction is legit. :shrug:

And if it is, then it's a pretty cool mixed lot of books!

* = c rap

Here's the response I got...

"I don't have a camera so it's for reference,how much different can a coverless comic book be? It is after all a beater w/ no higher of a grade than a POOR bottom of the barrel.If it offends,I can remove it but I meant no harm.Just trying to get back on my feet after heart problems,I saw no harm ESPECIALLY since I accept returns NOT trying to mislead anyone.Why would I mislead anyone with a coverless comic book? It's a POOR."

I don't know, maybe this auction is legit. :shrug:

And if it is, then it's a pretty cool mixed lot of books!

We'll no doubt find out in the next week or so. Best of luck to the winning bidder...

To those of you that I know are bidding on this dream.....the "seller" basically has zero feedback, refuses to post a single picture of anything, and knows he can offer a meaningless "return policy" because eBay's buyer's protection policy will eventually refund your money when this guy inevitably disappears. There is nothing ambiguous about any of the evidence. Please don't let this guy play you.

-J.

That Detective 29 image came from the cgc boards in a jgallo sales thread from 10/11/10. Here is the link:

Darren Smith

:news:

This case is officially closed.

Excellent work Detective!

And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you bumbling kids.

Nice Work.

Darren Smith

:news:

This case is officially closed.

Excellent work Detective!

And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you bumbling kids.

Nice Work.

...."meddling" kids. lol

-J.