• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Club thread list

18 posts in this topic

Agreed!!! It would be cool to have all these in one place, here are a few I have perused in the past...not limited to single issues though but runs and characters and well...

the CATMAN CLUB...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6708179#Post6708179

JUST CAPTAIN AMERICA...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5974179#Post5974179

Teen-age Dope Slave Club...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7313084#Post7313084

The Pre-Robin Tec Club...Detectives (#27-37)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4124539&fpart=1

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4652986#Post4652986

Centaur Comics...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=677111#Post677111

The OG Daredevil (Bart Hill) appretiation CLUB

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7361658#Post7361658

may I be the first to say these "clubs" are silly? just post the books in any number of already existing thread ;)

:hi: Rick...happy New Year to ya buddy...now while I don't disagree with ya that the word, "Club" in itself is rather, "silly" looking at it on the surface...I think it means exactly its literal definition of being an association of two or more people who share a common interest or goal...My point and assumably the point of others was to simply pull these threads together so noobs like myself wouldn't have to dig through 300+ pages to see books that we are interested in...That's why I included things like Centaurs and groups of books in my Club post...these appreciation threads get buried with things like, "is this Tec 31 a scam on eBay threads" and while these posts are extremely interesting and helpful they are usually only good for the length of the auction and then they are archived instead of erased...Pre-Code & Timely seem to be the only groups stickied to the front page...These are both awesome groups but so are the other countless publishers and characters IMHO...I am still new here and most may not share this thought but I personally would just like them all accessible in one easy to find thread...Maybe its my OCD at work again lol but it just seems easier to me (thumbs u

As the OP -- I'm wondering if this thread is silly, or just the club threads? :insane:

This thread ROCKS man these dudes are just playin'...not really...but kind of lol they are both absolutely right in that the idea of a thread for every single GA issue that us new to the GA acquire is, "silly" and not at all necessary...as G.A.tor stated there were already threads for this so why make a new one every single time we get a new book!! I think they are also saying that threads made for SEMI-keys or books that aren't keys at all have no business having an appreciation thread at all...just post it in the Have a Cigar thread and quit taking up space on the proverbial lawn!! Dont back down though bc deep down they both really LOVE this stuff...though they may not have admitted it to themselves yet!! :whee:

I think G.A.tor just knows that if he spends time posting in every appreciation thread of the, "CLUBS" he is in or has been in, it would take up his entire day trying to keep up because he has already been a member of each of them ten times over!!

to the OP...it is a great idea to have these in one place, as us youngsters (I am not THAT young BTW) venture over into these more historical books we will be the ones hopefully buying and appreciating these...Our time is coming...sit back, participate a little, and enjoy the show...and join a club or two while you are at it :banana: It's all in the name of FUN!!

As the OP -- I'm wondering if this thread is silly, or just the club threads? :insane:

This thread ROCKS man these dudes are just playin'...not really...but kind of lol they are both absolutely right in that the idea of a thread for every single GA issue that us new to the GA acquire is, "silly" and not at all necessary...as G.A.tor stated there were already threads for this so why make a new one every single time we get a new book!! I think they are also saying that threads made for SEMI-keys or books that aren't keys at all have no business having an appreciation thread at all...just post it in the Have a Cigar thread and quit taking up space on the proverbial lawn!! Dont back down though bc deep down they both really LOVE this stuff...though they may not have admitted it to themselves yet!! :whee:

I think G.A.tor just knows that if he spends time posting in every appreciation thread of the, "CLUBS" he is in or has been in, it would take up his entire day trying to keep up because he has already been a member of each of them ten times over!!

to the OP...it is a great idea to have these in one place, as us youngsters (I am not THAT young BTW) venture over into these more historical books we will be the ones hopefully buying and appreciating these...Our time is coming...sit back, participate a little, and enjoy the show...and join a club or two while you are at it :banana: It's all in the name of FUN!!

Anything that brings more people to the GA board and inspires them to post their books -- and chat about them -- seems like a plus to me. (thumbs u

Anything that brings more people to the GA board and inspires them to post their books -- and chat about them -- seems like a plus to me. (thumbs u

+1 :headbang: