• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

This book is truly rare in CGC 2.5. Last GPA recorded sale was July 2011??? ??? Does CGC not like to give out the 2.5 grade on this comic? :popcorn: Kinda weird? No?

I have seen a few 2.5s here and there.

However, lately the only deals I have seen/heard about on this book have been private. Very few sales through GPA tracked sites these days ( :gossip: the way dealers like it).

We all know that it is one of the rarest keys.

There's one up on heritage for auction right now.

-J.

Cool! I look up GPA for this once in a while. Always notice that no sales have been recorded in a while. I have a 2.5 restored copy. No sales on that in a year. :popcorn: I will watch that auction to see where it ends. :headbang:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121433-13464.s

Already over 5k.....

-J.

My guess is it ends just north of $6.5K.

That might be a bit high. A 3.0 can be had on ebay for 6-7k.

I'm thinking more like $5,500-ish and even that is what a 4.0 was going for less than a year ago. Just goes to show how palpable the spike in prices really is. (thumbs u

-J.

At $5,700 with 11 hours to go. :o

This book is truly rare in CGC 2.5. Last GPA recorded sale was July 2011??? ??? Does CGC not like to give out the 2.5 grade on this comic? :popcorn: Kinda weird? No?

However, lately the only deals I have seen/heard about on this book have been private. Very few sales through GPA tracked sites these days ( :gossip: the way dealers like it).

-J.

Cool! I look up GPA for this once in a while. Always notice that no sales have been recorded in a while. I have a 2.5 restored copy. No sales on that in a year. :popcorn: I will watch that auction to see where it ends. :headbang:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121433-13464.s

Already over 5k.....

-J.

I'm thinking more like $5,500-ish and even that is what a 4.0 was going for less than a year ago. Just goes to show how palpable the spike in prices really is. (thumbs u

-J.

At $5,700 with 11 hours to go. :o

I paid less than this for my 3.5 only a few months ago...

Damn take away the buyers premium and its still at $4800 which is huge. I bet it closes around $6200-$6300. Damn I am thinking my 3.5 has to be closing in on $7500 maybe more.

Yee HA

Greg, both you and mysterio have superior looking 3.5's.

-J.

Damn take away the buyers premium and its still at $4800 which is huge. I bet it closes around $6200-$6300. Damn I am thinking my 3.5 has to be closing in on $7500 maybe more.

Yee HA

-J.

I'm thinking I made a great choice in getting my 3.5 :banana:

Yee HA

-J.

:blush:

That is a pretty 2.5 on Heritage. If I hadn't gotten mine I likely would have chased this one. I'd also have dropped out of that chase by this price point. :gossip: I also wish it hadn't been encapsulated with the chip on the bottom edge of the back cover folded over, I hate it when CGC does that.

Someone thinks that book will bump with a press and clean IMO that is also why it is going for so much??? Lot of dirt on the BC

If that is the case they're counting on more than a 0.5 bump. That is a serious price even for a 3.0. Like I said, I paid less for my 3.5 back in late February.

Someone thinks that book will bump with a press and clean IMO that is also why it is going for so much??? Lot of dirt on the BC

If that is the case they're counting on more than a 0.5 bump. That is a serious price even for a 3.0. Like I said, I paid less for my 3.5 back in late February.

:shrug:

Baby gets what baby wants.

February was almost 6 months ago.

-J.

Already over 5k.....

-J.

-J.

Next bid will put it just below $6,500 with 45 minutes to go.

:gossip: All the low grade copies on eBay seemed to evaporate the second the bidding on this one got serious. My guess is a couple more 2.0-3.5ish copies will pop right back up as soon as this one finishes...

-J.

Already over 5k.....

-J.

-J.

:gossip: All the low grade copies on eBay seemed to evaporate the second the bidding on this one got serious. My guess is a couple more 2.0-3.5ish copies will pop right back up as soon as this one finishes...

Geeeeeeez. What can I say? When you're right, you're right.

Really makes me wonder though why the bidders on this didn't just pop one of the other lower grade ones on ebay once this started closing in on 6k. (shrug) Now those aren't even an option and that may goose the price up on this one even more.

-J.

Heritage is great though for inflating GPA, its like civilized schilling because if you have the cash to spend and maybe some other low grade copies hanging around. Its like $1000 schill bid right into GPA

I have tried to figure out how or if a seller could shill on heritage. But based on how much they charge a seller to list a book it would seem that would not be very cost effective and a far, far bigger risk to the seller than the churn and burn that is ebay. (shrug)

-J.

-J.

Already over 5k.....

-J.

-J.

Geeeeeeez. What can I say? When you're right, you're right.

Really makes me wonder though why the bidders on this didn't just pop one of the other lower grade ones on ebay once this started closing in on 6k. (shrug) Now those aren't even an option and that may goose the price up on this one even more.

-J.

It's really hard to get a read on FMV with this book. I especially don't like that you can pull your listings on eBay like that...

I want to believe prices will stabilize, if not come back down a little. It is important for the long term value of the book for the inflation periods not to completely alienate collectors.

There are just so few copies...

I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. To me, a 2.5 well exceeding a price a nice 3.5 was getting 6 months ago shows some pretty healthy price appreciation in a short timeframe, or someone seriously reaching on the 2.5.

I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. To me, a 2.5 well exceeding a price a nice 3.5 was getting 6 months ago shows some pretty healthy price appreciation in a short timeframe, or someone seriously reaching on the 2.5.

lol

I think it was sarcasm. But you are right, prices have significantly inflated, not really sure "why now."