• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Recent sale of PLOD CGC 8.0 SS copy went for a good price of $4922, darn that's a good catch IMO!

1_zps24d2d80f.png

Considering a similar graded Extensive (P) copy was sold for ~$5600, without the signature on HA last year. http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-apparent-vf-80-extensive-p-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7076-91199.s

Here you go:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=536370

With the possible exception of the 7.5 which went for slightly less than the one on heritage last month, all of the hulk 1's on comic connect and the 5.5 on comic link did quite well. Looks like sky high hulk 1 prices are here to stay. But they are still not quite as high as AF 15, which remains the king of the silver age by a comfortable margin in all grades. ;)

-J.

While I'm sure ComicConnect and ComicLink would get you a lot of bids, if the book were mine I'd first check with a couple of fixed-price dealers what they would ask for it.

Highgrade, for instance, will sometimes have a buyer already lined up, and the consignment fee is lower than the former two auction houses. Bob sold a Hulk #1 earlier this year for me within 24 hours that crushed the highest sale of record on GPA. No time payment was needed, and I was paid within days of the book being paid for.

While I'm sure ComicConnect and ComicLink would get you a lot of bids, if the book were mine I'd first check with a couple of fixed-price dealers what they would ask for it.

Highgrade, for instance, will sometimes have a buyer already lined up, and the consignment fee is lower than the former two auction houses. Bob sold a Hulk #1 earlier this year for me within 24 hours that crushed the highest sale of record on GPA. No time payment was needed, and I was paid within days of the book being paid for.

Guess Bob may sell mine in the future...

Yes, Bob is the man... he is selling me my first ever Hulk 1. Can't wait to receive it, and hold it in my hands... and of course post it here to share. :) Excited to be part of this elite club.

Yes, Bob is the man... he is selling me my first ever Hulk 1. Can't wait to receive it, and hold it in my hands... and of course post it here to share. :) Excited to be part of this elite club.

Very nice,can't wait to see it.What grade is it?

:popcorn:

It's a 5.0. :)

But don't feel like it's truly mine yet, until it's in my hands... and that won't be until Feb. :(

Who's Bob? I have a raw Hulk 1 I'd like to get his thoughts on

When namisgr wrote:

he was referring to Bob Storms, proprietor of www.highgradecomics.com His board handle is blazingbob.