• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need 30+ books pressed. Who all presses????

120 posts in this topic

most of my stuff has waves and non-color breaks. Most of my books from 1950's-60's don't lay completely flat...

20131228_220009_zpsb40f6cbd.jpg

i think i can get some of these little non-color break stress marks out.....

20131226_173504_zps5c170f68.jpg

book does not lay flat

20131017_193716_zps1c5676f6.jpg

Both but i will submit personally to CGC later after i cherry pick the pressed books plus non pressed....

Im trying to press and cgc books that are zero in the census w a few exceptions. ..

Interesting. I was curious if this was for selling the books and would have CGC encapsulation follow the pressing.

most of my stuff has waves and non-color breaks. Most of my books from 1950's-60's don't lay completely flat...

20131228_220009_zpsb40f6cbd.jpg

i think i can get some of these little non-color break stress marks out.....

20131226_173504_zps5c170f68.jpg

book does not lay flat

20131017_193716_zps1c5676f6.jpg

These are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the pics. I find the Cap 100 reprint most interesting, as they have kept the basic image while still changing it some.

this Mexican Cap is near and dear to me. My girlfriend (from Chiapas Mexico) got on Facebook and networked to locate it in Peru. She paid $150. I later found another person in Argentina with a worse condtion copy but he wont break up his enire run of the La Prensa published Captain Americas....

When your girlfriend gets you a rare comic you know you have a good woman lol

No mainly personal. I can find the books you might be interested in. Im not a dealer.

Anything particular you are searching????

My interest was to save you money. Don't press unless you are selling is my opinion.

No mainly personal. I can find the books you might be interested in. Im not a dealer.

Anything particular you are searching????

My interest was to save you money. Don't press unless you are selling is my opinion.

true but i want to press as i dont like looking at all the shine levels of the the book. I want them to lay flat...

its like telling a model not to wear makeup. it is the enhancement....

i do not intend to sell but never say never right?

Everything is for sale except the Mona Lisa,

have you had any books pressed?

No, I can't justify the expense of paying for shipping+ insurance, then a pressing cost then return shipping + insurance/ tracking especially for a book I am keeping in a mylar.

I can see doing it if I am going to CGC the book and sell it. If the process of press/ CGC takes a book from say a 6.5 to a 9.0 and I recoup the cost of doing all of that and make a profit it is worth doing.

but the difference is i have no interest in profit or recoup

My mentality is not of a dealer or collecting for financial gain

the beauty of the pressed rare book is its own reward to me

my profits are from daddy's Berkshire Hathaway

It would likely be different for me if I was in the US.

Being in Canada the cost to send books for pressing is expensive.

-Currency exchange

-Shipping costs

-Insurance ( required on more valueable books to avoid loss if the book is damaged ). Not quite sure how to deal with insuring rather expensive books. I have a Hulk #1 that would benefit from a press / re-submit but the cost of insuring such a book is astronomical.

-tracking ( required or the book is very likely to be stolen )

or...I just enjoy the book for what it is flaws and all and I choose that route.

I definitely see your perspective though, a pressed book is a much nicer book to behold.