• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
26 26

7,933 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2024 at 2:59 AM, Darwination said:

Just cross-posting this as pb interest while running down the September HA pulps auction, didn't realize this was printed in pulp form first (and as Cornell Woolrich, no less) , neat-o

DetectiveFictionWeekly1941-05-03coverCornellWoolrichsMarihuana.thumb.jpg.f4c4705024d11b0ffe9e0233c1513ea6.jpg

I could see that going for a whole lot more than it does eventually. Although the cover art is not as lurid as the paperback, it is surely a rarer item and a great cover anyway.

On 9/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, Darwination said:

That went for $456 .  The 40s DFWs (and various other periods) can be pretty scarce.  I think the cover is fantastic.  I'll be keeping an eye out for it, just not in a Heritage Pulps Showcase :roflmao:

You and me both, Pal :foryou: And all the lurkers on this thread lol :shiftyeyes:

These Swamp/Hill Girls get a bad rap. They're all just trying to get to the big city for a moment of good living and excitement rather than spending a lifetime serving swill to a posse of backwoods mouth breathers who want to hit that azz...

Now this one might turn that around a piece... Saul Levine cover art.

20240516_122208.thumb.jpg.c854853936ef343f0590b3171a002789.jpg

Our friend Fred Taraba is selling some significant Saul Levine original art. Well worth checking his site out (thumbsu