• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Back!

173 posts in this topic

Gonna throw some cold water on this. Just heard from my Marvel source that this is a movie tie-in book (one shot) and that there are no plans to relaunch ASM at this time.

Is it okay to wish Joe Quesada a nice sized kidney stone? I feel that this is all because of him.

Black Cat is kinda trashy. I think DD looks for those refined women.

Be careful with that one. You'll have plenty of people throwing out Karen Page and Typhoid Mary. lol

lol true. Maybe "refined" is not the right word.

Here's the hierarchy from best to worst:

Crazy Town: Typhoid Mary

Daddy Issues: Elektra, Black Widow

Hot Mess: Karen Page

Trashy: Black Cat

Black Cat still comes in last. Perhaps if she were a stripper instead of a buglar, she might fall under the Daddy Issues category...

^^

Gonna throw some cold water on this. Just heard from my Marvel source that this is a movie tie-in book (one shot) and that there are no plans to relaunch ASM at this time.

Is it okay to wish Joe Quesada a nice sized kidney stone? I feel that this is all because of him.

Depends on what you mean by nice sized. I mean nice sized for who? For Joe a nice sized kidney stone would be a microscopic one. For you wishing one on Joe a nice sized one would be like a pebble sized one. So clarify?

Depends on what you mean by nice sized. I mean nice sized for who? For Joe a nice sized kidney stone would be a microscopic one. For you wishing one on Joe a nice sized one would be like a pebble sized one. So clarify?

The size of Mr. Met's head.

Mr_Met_thumb.jpg

With the internet & fandom the way it is, publishers` trying to minimize spoilers with misdirection is common......a Marvel source is not going to say anything that would spoil an upcoming story-line (shrug)

They should've never done this because I got used to No moderns

and the healthy amount of money back in my wallet to buy more SA/BA!

Uh oh, there are too many people joining the cause, BA prices rising, books selling too quickly...

Everyone buy MODERNS!!

They should've never done this because I got used to No moderns

and the healthy amount of money back in my wallet to buy more SA/BA!

Uh oh, there are too many people joining the cause, BA prices rising, books selling too quickly...

Everyone buy MODERNS!!

Could you direct some of the mutant-inclined amongst those people toward me? I have a run of 95-120-something of Uncanny that no one seems to want.

-slym

My source will tell me anything. Case in point, I had ASM 700 in hand 2 weeks before street.

I'm saying that if Marvel has a story coming up, it's unlikely someone would put their livelihood at risk leaking a spoiler or anti-spoilers, if that's what you want to call this information.

The only conclusions I can draw from what you're sharing is:

- you are so close to it that you are part of the misdirection

- you're not doing your Marvel source any favour posting information publicly

:popcorn:

I choose to not believe you.. :baiting:

WELCOME BACK PETER...

:whee:

:luhv:

I'm going to go read the modern thread again, to see if Chuck can shame me into not buying this issue & falling for Marvel's *spoon*....

:tonofbricks:

I have a run of 95-120-something of Uncanny that no one seems to want.

If they are priced to the current market levels, I don't see how they won't sell. (shrug)

IDK what "current market levels" are, as my price guide isn't a very good one, and I can't find eBay sales for all issues in the grades I have. Apparently, though, if I go 25% of the PG I use, I am in the ballpark.

Besides, all my sales have "Best Offer" attached but I have gotten maybe three offers on over 20 books listed, over the past 4-5 months.

:/

-slym

My source will tell me anything. Case in point, I had ASM 700 in hand 2 weeks before street. It's not Joe's call, it's Dan Buckley's.

The thing is that I feel that the last six years have been nothing more than an effort to clean up the mess he made with OMD.

lol, I didn't even mean it but had to get that little jab in there! :P

Even if he does have horrible taste in women.........

Black Widow? Elektra? Karen Page?

Um... :screwy:

Turning down the Black Cat for any reason = Epic Fail. Being blind is no excuse! His radar should have been saying go go go!

:signfunny:

All the reboots totally :censored: me off too, its almost like comic publishers are remembering the :idea: $$$ of the late 80s and early 90s for all the wrong reasons.

Most of the reboots were just trying to inspire hype and use that to mask reductions in the quality of both story and art. There were a few exceptions but the DD reboot for example was pretty lame IMO - I like DD and have read every issue in the run from #1 up but .... I could stomach the late 90s rebooting, but its gotten a little out of hand again.

2c