• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Back!

173 posts in this topic

I think that quote was in relation to post Superior.

I know it is. I am trying to say that Slott is changing the status quo because Quesada's vision of returning the character to what he was before the marriage is not conducive to new stories.

I know it is. I am trying to say that Slott is changing the status quo because Quesada's vision of returning the character to what he was before the marriage is not conducive to new stories.

I prefer Slott's view on the future & more importantly his opinion that change should take place within the comics.

144279.jpg.fa9bc2ce9d941753ab865aec11d87a0f.jpg

I prefer Slott's view on the future & more importantly his opinion that change should take place within the comics.

I absolutely agree. I wrote somewhere else around this forum (modern thread?) that I may not completely agree with everything that Slott is doing or has done. However, I have to respect the fact that for the first time since OMD there seems to be a clear vision and plan for the character.

though I like the Superior Spider-man slant, I've been a bit overwhelmed at times with all of Peter's people (aunt may, jj, etc.) all being together in one room in certain scenes....just seems odd. And if Slott wants Peter to progress forward, then I guess Aunt May should eventually die.

though I like the Superior Spider-man slant, I've been a bit overwhelmed at times with all of Peter's people (aunt may, jj, etc.) all being together in one room in certain scenes....just seems odd. And if Slott wants Peter to progress forward, then I guess Aunt May should eventually die.

It will never happen. If it was going to happen it would have with OMD. That would have been the sendoff. Creative determined that Peter would make a deal with Mephisto in order to save his Aunt. How much further can you go?

They made it clear with that storyline that come all hell and high water, Aunt May will be the comics version of Abe Vigoda. She will survive our own grandchildren.

If you're not a fan of the Ramos cover, at least there are choices...

amazing-spider-man-marcos-martin.jpg

:applause:

I want...

I really do love all of Marcos Martin's Spider-man covers. I can only imagine what is OA goes for. I went searching for it once and came to many dead ends. As I know he is a Spanish artist, I do not recall ever seeing him listed for any American cons nor seen any yellow slabs with his signature or work.

Just wow...

Greetings all,

My first post here. I have been reading this board for over a year now and finally feel compelled to start chiming in and join the fun and debates, and develop online friendships for years to come. But where to start? I picked this thread for reasons of interest since I have been collecting ASM since 1969 and also because of current events in the Spidey universe. Anyway, this is not the appropriate thread for announcements, so on with the topic at hand...

IMO only ....

Dan Slott had a brilliant concept with Superior Spider-Man but I feel that the suspense and drama is very lacking in the personal life which is/was that of Peter Parker. Otto Octavius is brilliant enough to know that if he is going to live the life of another, then his infiltration needs to be more subtle. But on the other hand we all probably know that the ego tends to override logical thinking. Also, the fact that Carly Cooper and The Avengers are already onto something being jacked up with Spidey too soon in the series shows that this whole concept is being rushed.

We all love Peter Parker and want him back, but lets have some long term enjoyment with this. Slott has Tweeted, Twerped, and whatever else, saying we won't be seeing Parker for a long time, but this coming April what do we have? Cold feet, hype, $$$, movie.

SSM is the only Marvel book I am collecting right now. My pull list consists of mainly Indies (EoW, Lazarus, Voice In The Dark, Star Wars, etc...). I am enjoying SSM for what it is, but at the same time I am disappointed because it is not what it could be with some patience and integrity. As far as this series is concerned, Marvel and Dan Slott are not making it happen for me.

Oh, and Ramos' artwork is putrid. :sick:

Greetings all,

My first post here. I have been reading this board for over a year now and finally feel compelled to start chiming in and join the fun and debates, and develop online friendships for years to come. But where to start? I picked this thread for reasons of interest since I have been collecting ASM since 1969 and also because of current events in the Spidey universe. Anyway, this is not the appropriate thread for announcements, so on with the topic at hand...

IMO only ....

Dan Slott had a brilliant concept with Superior Spider-Man but I feel that the suspense and drama is very lacking in the personal life which is/was that of Peter Parker. Otto Octavius is brilliant enough to know that if he is going to live the life of another, then his infiltration needs to be more subtle. But on the other hand we all probably know that the ego tends to override logical thinking. Also, the fact that Carly Cooper and The Avengers are already onto something being jacked up with Spidey too soon in the series shows that this whole concept is being rushed.

We all love Peter Parker and want him back, but lets have some long term enjoyment with this. Slott has Tweeted, Twerped, and whatever else, saying we won't be seeing Parker for a long time, but this coming April what do we have? Cold feet, hype, $$$, movie.

SSM is the only Marvel book I am collecting right now. My pull list consists of mainly Indies (EoW, Lazarus, Voice In The Dark, Star Wars, etc...). I am enjoying SSM for what it is, but at the same time I am disappointed because it is not what it could be with some patience and integrity. As far as this series is concerned, Marvel and Dan Slott are not making it happen for me.

WTTB. Good post, sums up a lot of my feelings with Spidey. However, I do understand what Slott was/is trying to do and appreciate his vision and effort even if it's getting abbreviated by $$$$$

Greetings all,

IMO only ....

Welcome.

And I agree with quite a bit of what you're saying. I've felt they have been rushing this series since the first storyarc. I knew once the movie was coming out that ASM the series would be out at the same time. There's just no way they would do it otherwise.