• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Back!

173 posts in this topic

I don't mind Ramos, based on that cover. What's the beef with him?

He got crazy eyes for one thing.

Yeah, that's the one that always gets me. And let's not forget his Liefeld-esque use of light sources and shadows.

I can enjoy his art, but the guy has some very serious glaring weaknesses that cannot be attributed to stylistic choices. Just study the light sources and shadows on that ASM1 cover.

I have a couple problems with this. The image has a bunch of artefacts that are clearly visable. So either marvel did a huge rush job on putting this together or its faked. The other is the image they used. I'm like 99% sure that is a splash page from either BND or right after, because Ramos was selling it at nycc (for like 3,000). I've gotta dig through my back issues tonight to find it. Then again I could be completely wrong, just don't know why marvel would abandon one of their best selling books

I have a couple problems with this. The image has a bunch of artefacts that are clearly visable. So either marvel did a huge rush job on putting this together or its faked. The other is the image they used. I'm like 99% sure that is a splash page from either BND or right after, because Ramos was selling it at nycc (for like 3,000). I've gotta dig through my back issues tonight to find it. Then again I could be completely wrong, just don't know why marvel would abandon one of their best selling books

Movie coming out. If new readers pick up the Superior title, they'll be like "Who dis?"

1) It's a Sony movie, so there is no incentive for the Marvel Universe and the Sony Cinematic Universe to be in sync.

2) If this was Daredevil (sorry DD fans) I would agree with you but when #700 hit and the news came out that Doc Ock replaced Spider-Man was National news.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/26/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/spidey-700-controversy/

So any person who is going to see Spider-Man in the theater is somewhat aware that the person in the comic books is not the person they saw in the movie.

3) Comic books are serials. Any time a movie comes out and people want to go pick up the comic after it, they are going to be confused because they haven't been reading. "Who's that guy? Why is that happening? What happened to the Green Goblin?" Unless they reboot and start from scratch every time a movie comes out there is always going to be confusion.

I'd go with the young PP time traveler coming back to take over the reins (it's working well for All New X-Men)....but no idea how he'd defeat Doc with all his new toys...or does his soul time travel and he inhabits his old body....that cover doesn't look like the older PP.

I'll fall into the bear trap one more time and read it when it's out....I'll be sure to keep reading Superior since part 3 of the Green Goblin storyline is supposedly the last issue with Doc

lol, I didn't even mean it but had to get that little jab in there! :P

Even if he does have horrible taste in women.........

Black Widow? Elektra? Karen Page?

Um... :screwy:

Turning down the Black Cat for any reason = Epic Fail. Being blind is no excuse! His radar should have been saying go go go!

We've discussed this... DD is so cool, Black Cat was throwing herself at him and he was like meh "It's not you, it's me". :/

Black Cat is kinda trashy. I think DD looks for those refined women.

In the new ASM book, Mephisto strikes a secret deal with Pete and MJ's still-born baby from ASM #418 (yes, MJ struck her own secret deal with the Green Goblin in this issue) so the "baby" can have her dad back.

So, as a twist to their deal, Mephisto sends Pete back to the late 1600s, during the Salem Witch Trials, where he immediately melds with his other self who is already there from MARVEL TEAM-UP #41.

Time travel theory has it that two of the same person cannot exist at the same time simultaneously (wait, is that only a DC time travel law?).

So now Peter has all the memories of his other self up to issue #700 but is still living in the MTU 41 era.

This gives him the opportunity not to make the same mistakes he already made.

So now the current Marvel writers have an opportunity to start writing about Web-head with a starting point after MTU 41 and ASM #152.

...can you tell I'm bored at the office?

Be careful with that one. You'll have plenty of people throwing out Karen Page and Typhoid Mary. lol

lol true. Maybe "refined" is not the right word.

Here's the hierarchy from best to worst:

Crazy Town: Typhoid Mary

Daddy Issues: Elektra, Black Widow

Hot Mess: Karen Page

Trashy: Black Cat

Black Cat still comes in last. Perhaps if she were a stripper instead of a buglar, she might fall under the Daddy Issues category...

Be careful with that one. You'll have plenty of people throwing out Karen Page and Typhoid Mary. lol

lol true. Maybe "refined" is not the right word.

Here's the hierarchy from best to worst:

Crazy Town: Typhoid Mary

Daddy Issues: Elektra, Black Widow

Hot Mess: Karen Page

Trashy: Black Cat

Black Cat still comes in last. Perhaps if she were a stripper instead of a buglar, she might fall under the Daddy Issues category...

just because he's a lawyer doesn't mean he likes refined women, hell I know a few lawyers who...wait...never mind