• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Back!

173 posts in this topic

Gonna throw some cold water on this. Just heard from my Marvel source that this is a movie tie-in book (one shot) and that there are no plans to relaunch ASM at this time.

Is it okay to wish Joe Quesada a nice sized kidney stone? I feel that this is all because of him.

Dan Didio has been dabbling in the reboot tactics as well on the DC side of the fence.

IDK what "current market levels" are, as my price guide isn't a very good one, and I can't find eBay sales for all issues in the grades I have. Apparently, though, if I go 25% of the PG I use, I am in the ballpark.

With books like this it *all* depends on the grade. I couldn't even hazard a guess without knowing which issues are which grade.

I don't mind Ramos, based on that cover. What's the beef with him?

Covers like this, with an exaggerated manga-like style, turn a lot of people off, including me.

Ridiculously thin ankles, wrists and neck; fingers wider than the wrists, expressive eyebrows on the mask, etc.

photo specspider-manvol2no8_zps769ad6ad.jpg

While his drawing can sometimes be quite good, as a personal critique I feel his interior panel layouts and artwork often lack basic story-telling techniques; I cannot tell what is going on without the aid of captions and dialogue. Even then it can be confusing.

I could be wrong, but it seems that Ramos, like quite a few modern comic artists, never studied Will Eisner's Comics and Sequential Art or Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative, much less Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics.

Just a personal opinion, of course.

No worries, man. Thanks for your concern.

So where's your listing?

I am re-working them for listing on eBay this Sunday. No BIN, no best offer, I will let them go for whatever the auction ends. I guess that is the only way to find out what the markets' real price is for these issues RN.

-slym

Covers like this, with an exaggerated manga-like style, turn a lot of people off, including me.

Ridiculously thin ankles, wrists and neck; fingers wider than the wrists, expressive eyebrows on the mask, etc.

While his drawing can sometimes be quite good, as a personal critique I feel his interior panel layouts and artwork often lack basic story-telling techniques; I cannot tell what is going on without the aid of captions and dialogue. Even then it can be confusing.

I could be wrong, but it seems that Ramos, like quite a few modern comic artists, never studied Will Eisner's Comics and Sequential Art or Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative, much less Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics.

I really dislike his art.

Sweet Jesus! :sick: