• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE ON EBAY: BRAVE & BOLD #54 CGC 9.4 DOUBLE COVER 1ST TEEN TITANS

15 posts in this topic

If both covers were 9.4, I'd be all over it.

What strange, is it seems to me, because of CGC, double cover books, where the outer covers grade is significantly less than the interior cover, are in less demand then if the book didn't have the outer cover at all.

Because of the slab, I can never see the 9.4 cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What strange, is it seems to me, because of CGC, double cover books, where the outer covers grade is significantly less than the interior cover, are in less demand then if the book didn't have the outer cover at all.

I couldn't agree more. I want to see that higher graded cover.

Are you saying that the book would do better without the lower outer cover? If that is the case, would I be better off tearing the outer cover off? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you saying that the book would do better without the lower outer cover? If that is the case, would I be better off tearing the outer cover off?

See if it sells. If it doesn't, how much does a 9.4 go for? More than the final bid. If so, then the answer might be yes.

I don't know of all the sales but I remember a CGC 9.4 going for $1300 half a year ago. I had a friend who had a Iron Man #1 number with a real low outer cover and rip it off because it looked so ugly. He regrets now though.

I sold a 9.4 off my site last year for $1500. It may have been the same copy that later sold for $1300. I know the buyer of my copy was in the market for a house not long after he bought from me.

Slabbing a double cover doesn't make any sense to me. The novelty (and consequent price increase) in these books is the fact that you can hold it, open up the first cover, and see a beautiful second cover! With slabbing, the entire novelty of it is GONE.

If I were you, I'd take it out of the slab and sell it RAW (God forbid!!). I wouldn't be surprised if there was more demand for it as a double-cover raw book.

Just my two cents.

For some double cover enthusiasts, the slabbed copy is preferred because it guarantees that the multiple cover phenomenon is authentic and not manufactured for the express purpose of increasing its value dishonestly.

For example, I have an ASM 300 double cover and since cGc won't slab it due to overhang, many I've shown it to on here judge it to be a faked copy because of the odd overlap. I'd could use CGC's research and backup on this one to sell it for close to fair market value. So now it just lies in my collection as another oddity smile.gif