• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Boyd / Comic Book Lounge SS Opps thread

81 posts in this topic

I believe you've asked this of Gotham as well. Not sure what Kevin's policy is but the question seems a little like a setup. lol

Personally, it would really depend on the line and when during the expo. Maybe if you say who you're thinking about?

Yes, I did ask at both and waiting too see both facilitators responses. In regards to lines, I went out on a limb and purchased a VIP pass, so hopefully it is minimal and in terms of people a lot of the celebrities, less of the artists.

You're likely looking at no extra charge to witness the book with you in that case. It usually comes down to the amount of time needed. I believe both Gotham and Comic Book Lounge have their prices listed.

Yes, their prices were based on me dropping off my books with them to get signed and their time spent waiting in lines. Nothing mentioned in regards to me spending the time in line. In this case, there would probably be a 20 min wait in line max per person. I have no problems helping them out by using my pass to speed up the time it takes for them to get other customers sigs.

Gotcha. So you're hoping for a deal. I only know of volume discounts but good luck. I know they both have VIP access already so I doubt there is a discount. Usually going with somebody while they get something signed is more time consuming than just accepting the book.

You spending the time does not negate them spending their time.

I am referring to what Gotham Central posted in their forum topic. I assume the same applies to Kevin: "Most signatures from the Artist Alley do not have additional fees, however, for some artists there is a $10 per item signing fee, this is based on lines and crowd control at the convention. However, for all celebrity or special guests at the show there is a $20 per item fee for the first two items $10 each additional after that."

I am referring to what Gotham Central posted in their forum topic. I assume the same applies to Kevin: "Most signatures from the Artist Alley do not have additional fees, however, for some artists there is a $10 per item signing fee, this is based on lines and crowd control at the convention. However, for all celebrity or special guests at the show there is a $20 per item fee for the first two items $10 each additional after that."

If you come to the booth with your VIP pass and we go get the books done, I'm sure we (Gotham Central OFG) can work something out.

I'm sure Kevin would do the same thing though 2c - the VIP pass really takes all the trouble away from signatures

Gotcha

Then yes, your VIP avoids fees since it saves time. (thumbs u

If you come to the booth with your VIP pass and we go get the books done, I'm sure we (Gotham Central OFG) can work something out.

I'm sure Kevin would do the same thing though 2c - the VIP pass really takes all the trouble away from signatures

Sounds great! I currently don't have my own CGC account, would it make it easier if I acquired one?

Sorry for the delay in replying, if you have your own pass and stand in line, I will arrange for the witness to be with you while you get it signed. You pay all fees for the autographs directly to the celebrity, in which case there are no additional fees incurred beyond the standard CGC SS show price and shipping costs to and from CGC. We don't have any additional surcharges for celebrity signings.

The same applies to any creators you want to get for whom there may be a signing fee. You can pay them directly and pay just the associated CGC fees.

Because of the variability of celebrity autograph fees, the regular capping of their lines and irregular schedules I do not collect books in advance for any celebrity signings, CBL+G will only provide a Witness. We only collect books in advance for creator signings, if there is an autograph fee charged by the creator, the customer is billed for this as part of their fees.

My store The Comic Book Lounge in Toronto will once again be accepting some Signature Series requests at Fan Expo Canada on August 28-31. I will be personally accepting and overseeing these requests at the CBL booth at Fan Expo.

We can pick up and submit prearranged sketch cover requests (if you need sketch covers we can provide as part of the request - please inquire re: availability of specific sketch covers). Not all artists will be willing to do sketch covers which is why we suggest you contact and arrange in advance to avoid disappointment.

Unfortunately not all guests and celebrities are available, autograph fees are an additional cost above all CGC related fees.

Also, Please Note that with the 2014 show being in two unique buildings, we will be located in the South Building - the same building as the comic book guests, but celebrities who are doing public signings will be located in the North Building.

For celebrity guests will are only accepting requests at the event from attendees. We will accept submission requests in advance for comic guests. If you are not attending and dropping off books we will need them at the store by August 26th (2 days before the event).

CELEBRITIES

Many of the celebs will be ticketed (that is you buy a ticket and then come back at certain times to redeem them and get your item(s) signed). We are providing a Witness only for celebrity signings, we do not purchase or line up for autograph tickets (and exhibitors may be denied the option to purchase tickets for some or even all celebrity guests anyway). This way you are still able to meet the celebrity as well - the Witness will go with you and be in the vicinity to see your item signed.

I also recommend that when you purchase an autograph ticket that you make sure with the handlers that they will sign your comic. Some guests will be only signing photos or in rare cases, only promotional posters, so please make sure you check first to avoid disappointment and problems in the line.

If you plan on getting celebrities, we try to group times to ensure the availability of the Witness in the celebrity signing area as they will be traveling from the home base in the South building to the signing area in the North.

Prices:

For books published in 1980 or after

Modern - US$38

For books published before 1980:

Value Tier - US$40 (15 book Economy Tier minimum, book must be valued under US$150)

Economy - US$50

Standard - US$75

Express - US$108

+ US$5 for CGC's invoice fee + Shipping

+ US$5 for each additional autograph above the first one on any item (unless they are beside one another).

+ Fast Track is an extra US$10 a book

Pressing fees, please inquire. Book can be submitted to CCS for pressing then passed along to CGC for additional costs.

*** Please note: if you wish for us to submit under your existing CGC dealer or Collector's Society account, the fee is US$15 for the first autograph acquired per item (+$5 for each additional autograph on the same item), plus shipping cost to CGC from Toronto (roughly $7). All CGC grading and invoice fees and return shipping will be billed by CGC to you on your account.

All prices above are in US dollars, and will be converted to Canadian $ using the exchange rate at time of payment. (For example, today it's US$1 = CAN$1.09, so US$38 = CAN$41.42)

Also please take note that we DO accept regular blue label submissions at the show and at the store.

Cost is the CGC submission price per tier (no additional fees) + $5 CGC invoice fee + shipping to CGC and back to the store (more if you want them shipped to your home). Prices are converted to Canadian dollars using that day's exchange rate. Currently US$1 = CAN$1.09.

We generally have all items shipped back to the store in downtown Toronto for pick-up. We can have them shipped back to your house, but please be aware that the cost is significant and beneficial only if you are submitting a large request of 10 or more.