• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage lawsuit?

48 posts in this topic

earlier today, i noticed a post by hammer over at the cpg forum. he mentioned a lawsuit against heritage for 1.2 million. i was at work and had to rush off to attend to something. by the time I returned, the thread was gone.

anyone know anything about this?

FTC File No. 882-3208 :: FTC FILES CHARGES AGAINST COIN CERTIFICATON CO. AND COIN WHOLESALER; COMPANIES TO PAY CONSUMER REDRESS

FTC File No. 882-3208 :: FTC CHARGES NATIONWIDE COIN DEALER MISREPRESENTED VALUE AND INVESTMENT POTENTIAL OF COINS; ASKS COURT FOR INJUNCTION AND REFUNDS

1989? poke2.gif

According to the complaint accompanying the consent decree,

NCI represented that it applied market standards in certifying

the grades of coins. NCI also represented that its certificates

provided consumers with confidence that they were receiving fair

value on their coin investments. In fact, the grading standards

used by NCI were less strict than those reflected in the Coin

Dealer Newsletter (CDN), an industry guide for the values at

which coins generally trade at particular grades.

So I can sue the ars off all those eBay overgraders now!? laugh.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

earlier today, i noticed a post by hammer over at the cpg forum. he mentioned a lawsuit against heritage for 1.2 million. i was at work and had to rush off to attend to something. by the time I returned, the thread was gone.

FTC File No. 882-3208 :: FTC FILES CHARGES AGAINST COIN CERTIFICATON CO. AND COIN WHOLESALER; COMPANIES TO PAY CONSUMER REDRESS

FTC File No. 882-3208 :: FTC CHARGES NATIONWIDE COIN DEALER MISREPRESENTED VALUE AND INVESTMENT POTENTIAL OF COINS; ASKS COURT FOR INJUNCTION AND REFUNDS

893whatthe.gif

how did you find this?

893whatthe.gif

how did you find this?

Directly from the FTC website, and their online archives.

I read through a thread earlier today where Hammer was summarizing the situation, explaining how the thread was pulled immediately after it was posted with links to the the FTC archives. Shortly after that thread I was reading, it was pulled. Consequently, my understanding is that Hammer has been officially banned from the CPG boards over the matter.

Well, the lawsuit is obviously history by now, some 15 years later. What was the end result? They settled?

Hammer sent me some e-mails about this when I was publically complaining here months ago about some inconsistent billing issues after a Heritage purchase.

893whatthe.gif

how did you find this?

Directly from the FTC website, and their online archives.

I read through a thread earlier today where Hammer was summarizing the situation, explaining how the thread was pulled immediately after it was posted with links to the the FTC archives. Shortly after that thread I was reading, it was pulled. Consequently, my understanding is that Hammer has been officially banned from the CPG boards over the matter.

For posting links to an FTC claim? What is the big deal? I post links to legal stuff all the time.

For posting links to an FTC claim? What is the big deal? I post links to legal stuff all the time.

I would agree here. But maybe it was the final straw in a series of incidents and perhaps CPG thought "enough was enough".

Clearly they did. I wonder if I'm unknowingly hanging by a thread over there too, because of all of my flame wars with Hammer. 27_laughing.gif

I would agree here. But maybe it was the final straw in a series of incidents and perhaps CPG thought "enough was enough".

Clearly they did. I wonder if I'm unknowingly hanging by a thread over there too, because of all of my flame wars with Hammer. 27_laughing.gif

Must have missed them--from what I've read you were just very engaged, not flaming thumbsup2.gif

Well, the lawsuit is obviously history by now, some 15 years later. What was the end result? They settled?

How long ago it occurred is irrelevant. It goes to their reputation, and I am sure they wouldn't have wanted this information to come out at all.

If you are then you would get a personal warning, if YOU were,

there have been numerous "general" warnings about the CGC haters/lovers, and it's safe to say that the owner of CPG is getting fed up, I understand the noose will tighten for those who use CGC as a basis of conflict, either to start a topic that bashes CGC or whatnot,

we have a graded comic forum, not CGC forum, but CGC seems to be the focus of alot of the conflict, and that is what everyone is getting fed up about, and when I say everyone I mean

The paying customers of CPG who actually utilize the database and the services a membership brings and who also use the message board, which is a free service, the paying customers are the bread and butter, when they say they are going to cancel memberships and leave and whatnot because they are fed up with all the school yard stuff, well thats why the owner is going to take it all the more serious.

personally, I havent deleted/moved/edited a thread in a while, just don't have the time/want/need unless its a major violation then I will, for now, I like a few others are just watching from afar as the admins and owners clean up some of the site.

I guess Hammer is just the first example of the crack down, I really don't know what happened other then what I read here, I got an email from him this afternoon at work asking why he was banned, and to be honest I was told he wasnt, but we will see.

Are you drunk?

no, but the point of asking is?

I was just trying to figure whether it was inebriation or cubist fixation that was causing you to write that way.

All apologies, E.E.

lack of sleep and the fact that I just spent the last 4 hours sitting on a freezing cold bench watching a university football game in 2 degree weather probably has something to do with it,

Are you drunk?

no, but the point of asking is?

I was just trying to figure whether it was inebriation or cubist fixation that was causing you to write that way.

All apologies, E.E.

lack of sleep and the fact that I just spent the last 4 hours sitting on a freezing cold bench watching a university football game in 2 degree weather probably has something to do with it,

You should have burned that hat for warmth.