• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$2000 - what to buy

11 posts in this topic

Okay so the big 3-0 birthday is coming up this year. I would like to add a key Batman or Batman related issue to my Batman wall and could use some help from the experienced boardies in determining what to purchase. For my budget I figure around $2000 or less. I don't mind lower grade copy of keys. Must be cgc graded.

So far this is the list I could come up with that I like:

1. Batman #4 (cool cover; top 10 issue of Batman; first mention of Gotham)

2. Tech 58 (first app. of Penguin)

3. Brave and Bold 28 (I know it doesn't have Batman on the cover but he does cameo and the Justice League is a huge part of his story)

I look forward to the responses!

Okay so the big 3-0 birthday is coming up this year. I would like to add a key Batman or Batman related issue to my Batman wall and could use some help from the experienced boardies in determining what to purchase. For my budget I figure around $2000 or less. I don't mind lower grade copy of keys. Must be cgc graded.

So far this is the list I could come up with that I like:

1. Batman #4 (cool cover; top 10 issue of Batman; first mention of Gotham)

2. Tech 58 (first app. of Penguin)

3. Brave and Bold 28 (I know it doesn't have Batman on the cover but he does cameo and the Justice League is a huge part of his story)

I look forward to the responses!

I would go fora nice Batman or Detective Joker cover or one of the Detective 142s coming up on CLINK.

If it were my 30th, I'd spend $500 on booze and hookers, $500 on gambling and then pizz away the rest of it.

But, seriously- if it is for your wall, why not a signed lithograph by either Bob Kane or Neal Adams?

You can get a great one nicely framed for 2K.