• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Archer & Armstrong #1 Original Valiant Series

7 posts in this topic

I became a huge fan of the Valiant Universe when they hit the comic stores in the early 90's. I was a big Jim Shooter fan too! I loved the art work, loved the story arcs and loved how the universe was so interestingly intertwined. This is my OO copy of the Archer & Armstrong series. The book speaks for itself! There are no hidden defects and the interior pages are white and complete. The only apparent defect that I note on this book is the very minor corner blunt on the LLHC of the front cover. For your grading enjoyment! Links to large High Res Scans are below each image! Comments and grades are as always greatly appreciated.

Archer & Armstrong #1 Front Cover

VX5BKpy.jpg

LINK TO LARGE HIGH RES SCAN A&A #1 FRONT COVER

Archer & Armstrong #1 Front Cover HIGH RES

Archer & Armstrong #1 Back Cover

Bdk69qP.jpg

LINK TO LARGE HIGH RES SCAN A&A #1 BACK COVER

Archer & Armstrong #1 Back Cover HIGH RES

Easy 9.6, maybe a 9.8 - I see a little TRHC scuffage on the back view as well as the mentioned LLHC blunting. Black covers make defects easier to see, that's why I say "easy 9.6, maybe 9.8."

I have definitely seen worse looking books in 9.8 slabs!

-slym

Easy 9.6, maybe a 9.8 - I see a little TRHC scuffage on the back view as well as the mentioned LLHC blunting. Black covers make defects easier to see, that's why I say "easy 9.6, maybe 9.8."

I have definitely seen worse looking books in 9.8 slabs!

-slym

Hey Timern, basically what Slym pointed out. Also, I've gotten 9.6s back that I thought were surefire 9.8s and vice versa. But this certainly is as good as any to get a 9.8. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys! You are absolutely correct that it all depends on the alignment of the planets and the solar winds as to whether or not you get a 9.6 or a 9.8... or so it seems! smiley-gen130.gif