• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am calling out ebay seller Tictocnmore

33 posts in this topic

Tictocnmore has a great auction on Ebay right now. Some of the books he is selling are:

The Funnies 1

King comics 16, 20, 22, 27, 36

Western picture stories 4

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

All of his books appear to be at least a fine if not better but when I asked him for a page count on the Star comics 10, he said he does not have time to count pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware on this auction everybody!

folks, stick with the Big 3 CC,CL,Ha...there is more than enough material on those sites....you might pay a bump in price, so what.

You're missing at least 3 I can think of off the top of my head. SC, WW and SW. (thumbs u

99.9% positive feedback

240 transactions last month

seems to be a general antiques dealer

bothers to take front, back and multiple interior photos in his/her listings...

I dont see anything nefarious... may just not be great at customer service...

Tictocnmore has a great auction on Ebay right now. Some of the books he is selling are:

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

All of his books appear to be at least a fine if not better but when I asked him for a page count on the Star comics 10, he said he does not have time to count pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It occurs to me that this would be a great way to promote an auction to board members:

(1) Give name of seller so people can find him

(2) List everything for sale

(3) Mention the nice condition

(4) Complain about a relatively slight instance of rudeness -- "I do not have time to count pages." In the grand scheme of rude seller behavior, that is a pretty minor grievance. (Though a good seller who is familiar with the comics market would attempt to accommodate the question.)

(5) Tell everybody "beware"

(6) Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done getting the word out about the auctions.

Doohickambob you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about. Whenever there is a book on Ebay that I like, I ALWAYS ask for a page count unless the seller states it is complete or states how many pages it has. Usually when someone assumes something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about, they are wrong. Next time get more facts before you make an assumption. I was not promoting anything. I was really trying to warn everyone. Maybe missing pages is not a big deal to you but it is major for me and since missing pages is not a big deal for you, remind me NEVER to buy a book from you either.

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

What's his return policy like?

Doohickambob you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about. Whenever there is a book on Ebay that I like, I ALWAYS ask for a page count unless the seller states it is complete or states how many pages it has. Usually when someone assumes something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about, they are wrong. Next time get more facts before you make an assumption. I was not promoting anything. I was really trying to warn everyone. Maybe missing pages is not a big deal to you but it is major for me and since missing pages is not a big deal for you, remind me NEVER to buy a book from you either.

You have to understand his personality. Then forgive it.

Seriously. Those books would sell for more profit on this site, than they would on Ebay. IMO.

Okay Bo Hogg, since I am not here to cause bad feelings or make enemies, allow me to sincerely apologize for stirring the animosity pot between us.

I was trying to make a point that there is a downside to calling out a seller by name, and that downside falls under the category of "even negative publicity is publicity." It draws attention to the seller's stuff that a lot of people might otherwise not have known about. You might be trying to call them out as louses, but end up turning people on to their auctions and giving them better sales. (On the flipside, your warning might be completely warranted. There are both upsides and downsides.)

A crafty person -- not you, but some other person -- could, if he so wished, promote an auction by writing a post in the guise of warning people. It would make a clever work-around to the fact that mods move or delete posts that straightforwardly advertise an auction in the discussion area. Maybe I'm too paranoid and suspicious about everything, but this could happen.

Regarding page count, it is very important to me too. I recall once being VERY thrilled to purchase a copy of Human Torch #23 for a nice price, only to receive it and discover it had no inner wrap. The seller said, "Oh sorry, I didn't realize" and gave a refund -- and it always leaves me wondering whether such sellers were sincerely ignorant about the missing pages, or if they were trying to put one over on the buyer. Early in my collecting, I inadvertently bought several comics without inner wraps and didn't know it, only to discover them later and sell them off as incomplete copies. I also distinctly remember getting a lot of comics from SilverAgeCollectibles (if memory serves) that were missing stuff, and having to do backflips to eke a partial refund out of that dealer. I am a stickler for page counting and checking pages, and I recommend people donate money to the Grand Comics Database (comics.org) which has a lot of useful info about page count. (Okay, so I snuck in an advertisement for one of my favorite resources there...)

That said, I know what antique sellers are like, who often don't know much about comics. There are a lot of cranky antiques people out there who would probably go, "Whaaaaaaat? Count pages?" in response to such a question about page count, because they're too busy putting Tiffany lamps in bubble wrap or polishing mahogany or whatever they do. They'd probably be especially cranky if the person asked them count pages of multiple books. For such unhelpful sellers I'd either resolve not to buy from them, or I'd make sure they had a good returns policy and roll the dice.

Again, sorry for any bad feelings. Fare thee well, Bo Hogg.

folks, stick with the Big 3 CC,CL,Ha...there is more than enough material on those sites....you might pay a bump in price, so what.

The big three are okay if you like to bid. If you like to buy go to www.bedrockcity.com (thumbs u

You have to understand his personality. Then forgive it.

That is the closest I'll probably ever get to you backing me up! Thanks nonetheless.

Or sit back and win all the items because you scared everyone else away... :roflmao:

someone actually posited this as a strategy to win a book for under market when a poster linked to a "questionable" ebay seller and listing over in Comics General.

just so I understand, you are assuming that due to the answer from the seller that the book is missing pages?

I accept your apology Dochi. Just to make it clear on here. I am a one man operation. I don't work for anybody and I never promote anybody and to answer one board member, yes I do assume that a book is missing pages if the guy does not give me a page count. As a matter of fact, if I asked someone any question at all about a book and I get no response, I don't buy it. A lot of people hate buying comics on Ebay. I almost am never surprised when I open my package because I ask questions and If I don't get an answer, I don't buy no matter how bad I want the book.

Getting back to what Dochi was saying, I really hope my post did not cause someone to want this guys books because I hate to see a fellow collector who loves golden age as much as I do be disappointed. About 9 years ago, before I started asking questions on Ebay, I got a low grade Marvel Mystery 92 and when I got it, I just put it away. Then like 3 months later, I decided to read The Witness story. Guess what? The Witness story was missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was devastated because it was too late to get my money back. Lesson learned. After that I count the pages 3 times just to make sure on every book. I don't have a problem with Ebay as long as we keep in mind that there are more people that don't know about comics than do so you have to be absolutely certain what you are getting.