• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Kissimmee?

19 posts in this topic

I dunno, everyone else is posting these threads, so why not. I tried google and two of the three dealers that came up had defunct websites, so...

Couple years ago I was at a con and traded some stuff to a dealer from Kissimmee who had some cool Golden Age books. I don't remember who the dealer was, though.

Now that I'm in Kissimmee for a few days, though, I'd kind of like to check out his shop or any other good shops in the area.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I believe there is a place called Lisa White Collectibles. They have no online presence, but I believe they are the ones I always see posting CL adds and I can see an actual retail store in the background. From what I've gathered, they must have a pretty large inventory. I've never been there but hope to check it out soon.

Lisa White? Greg White used to have a shop in Kissimmee, I've been there but it's been many years and the last time I saw Greg he was working the toll booth on the Florida turnpike so not sure if he's still doing comics.

I don't know about a place with good Golden Age stuff, but the Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee is a good store. 3159 W Vine St, Kissimmee, FL 34741(407) 870-5322
I live in Tampa and go to the Orlando area frequently for comic shopping. The Kissimmee Coliseum of Comics (CC) is huge and has a nice back issue selection for both moderns, coppers and silver.Anything else will be in Orlando, which really inst that far away from you. The only stores that will have any Golden Age comics will probably be CC, and they have multiple locations in the area. Kissimmee is their biggest store, though.My favorite store in the area is Acme, but it is probably about 45 minutes away from Kissimmee. They have a very large back issue selection: mostly bronze/copper/modern but they have about 30 short boxes of silver behind the counter. They also have a whole back room of dollar comics, I think. Probably at least 50 long boxes. A lot of dross, but fun to look through.Side note: if you like BBQ, you must go to 4 Rivers while you are in the area. They almost always have a long line (no matter the location), so you may want to call in your order.http://4rsmokehouse.com/

View Larger Map

I don't know about a place with good Golden Age stuff, but the Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee is a good store. 3159 W Vine St, Kissimmee, FL 34741(407) 870-5322
I live in Tampa and go to the Orlando area frequently for comic shopping. The Kissimmee Coliseum of Comics (CC) is huge and has a nice back issue selection for both moderns, coppers and silver.Anything else will be in Orlando, which really inst that far away from you. The only stores that will have any Golden Age comics will probably be CC, and they have multiple locations in the area. Kissimmee is their biggest store, though.My favorite store in the area is Acme, but it is probably about 45 minutes away from Kissimmee. They have a very large back issue selection: mostly bronze/copper/modern but they have about 30 short boxes of silver behind the counter. They also have a whole back room of dollar comics, I think. Probably at least 50 long boxes. A lot of dross, but fun to look through.Side note: if you like BBQ, you must go to 4 Rivers while you are in the area. They almost always have a long line (no matter the location), so you may want to call in your order.http://4rsmokehouse.com/

View Larger Map

Also, if you are going up as far as Winter Park, might as well go on up to Comic-Central in Sanford. It is a store about 4 years old, but they have a ton of stuff in there. By far the fastest growing store in the Orlando area. Has a reasonable amount of Silver & Bronze and occasionally some golden age. He is also by far the most reasonably priced store in Orlando.www.comic-central.com

Lisa White? Greg White used to have a shop in Kissimmee, I've been there but it's been many years and the last time I saw Greg he was working the toll booth on the Florida turnpike so not sure if he's still doing comics.
He was set up at Comicpalooza in Houston last year. Don't know if he still has a shop, though.

According to the Galaxycon website, Greg White will be there as a vendor.

http://galaxycomiccon.com/exhibitors__sponsors

He was set up at Comicpalooza in Houston last year. Don't know if he still has a shop, though.

He has a huge shed like building next to his house full of comics, I paid it a visit while on vacation there.

Did you click on the link I provided and read the posts, especially within the other link provided by Donut? Just curious, not passing judgement.

My visit took place a few years ago, I think I just joined the boards, he seemed a decent enough bloke, told me he sold his shop so he could look after his folks.