• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller alert - Colo13

12 posts in this topic

Be careful if you run across this seller on eBay. She's selling a comic collection using the following description.

This is the estate of a young man who in died unexpectedly in 1985 at age 24. He collecting since the 60s. His mother continued his collection until 1989 when she too, died. Since then, the collection has been stored in an unused room. Because the father has decided to remodel his home and has no interest in the collection, we were called in to sell it. We found around 15,000 comics, all are backed with cardboard, placed in plastic sleeves, and then in storage boxs in order of age of each issue. Most are in mint-near mint condition. We will not be able to open and examine each issue, but if a flaw is seen, it will be noted with an * at the bottom of this paragraph. The items will be listed one box at a time. Each large box has 300-400 issues. We have 50+ boxes. Most of the comics are super hero. However, we have not seen everything yet, so there may be surprises. The father says some of the issues are highly valued. a dealer offered him $5000.00 for the lot in June 2004. This is a great collection. Enjoy and thanks for your interest. We are beginning with low bids, so be patient.

I asksed some very specific questions and was assured by email that 3 of the 7 books I bought "looked like new" and two books had no flaws " no creases, no tears or folds or any of the the things you described."

The books I received were VG to F- and she refused to refund. Although she did offer to resell them for me foreheadslap.gif

In her Hulk 181 sale, Colo13 states "If you check our site's feedback you will see that our only negative comments have been from bidders who did not like the shipping charges. If you are unwilling to pay them, please do not submit bids. ALL SALES ARE FINAL."

You should leave her negative feedback. thumbsup2.gif

Neg her 893censored-thumb.gif and if you paid by credit card, start the process of a chargeback. Make her pay for her DIShonesty.

I HATE people who think they can get away with it. Even if a description says "no refunds", you expect something close to what has been described. She misrepresented the books and in that case their own "no refund" rule no longer applies.

Hey Peter.

Change your sig line now. gossip.gif

Wanted: Fantastic Four 1 (3.0 to 5.0), 2, 7,9 and 10 (all 6.5 to 8.0), 17, 19, 30 (all 8.0 or better) raw or slabbed

thumbsup2.gif

And yes...

Neg the fool if they don't address the overgrading! sumo.gif

She received some negative feedback for overgrading from other buyers. Unfortunately for me, it was after my auction closed. And when she was negged, she has posted retaliatory feedback on the buyer. In one case she accused the buyer of switching lower grade books for the books she had shipped out and in another she negged him for being "rude" in his email asking for a refund.

So, I've been intimidated from posting negative feedback.

She received some negative feedback for overgrading from other buyers. Unfortunately for me, it was after my auction closed. And when she was negged, she has posted retaliatory feedback on the buyer. In one case she accused the buyer of switching lower grade books for the books she had shipped out and in another she negged him for being "rude" in his email asking for a refund.

So, I've been intimidated from posting negative feedback.

That's what I hate about Ebay. Christo_pull_hair.gif Believe me, if she gets enough, people will take her comments with a grain of salt.

wear any retaliatory neg with pride - if you haven't gotten one after 200 or 300 purchases, you are either very lucky, or a pushover. If a seller has more than 1 neg for every 500 transactions, I check to see if they are from buyers or sellers - if they are from other sellers, I find they usually are retaliatory, unless the ebayer is a total deadbeat, and then their neg rating is usually too high to even consider buying from them.

If U go to one of the asian sites and log in, go to the same box where MY Ebay is located, click it... (I typically have the English Ebay open and click the same steps on the other version it is not translated and It can be confusing...) Find the sellers name, and click it... One box over is pos. then neutral then the neg, and Type away,

I have left some POS feedback that was two line long. Check the feedback left to our poster Erdman... I maxed it out... I used ebay China which had 78 characters

Feedback left for others............

If Your gonna neg Do it Right.. Go to the Tiawan Ebay and do it.

http://www.tw.ebay.com/

I have never left 125 characters before............ devil.gif Use the power I have used for good for evil. devil.gif

I tried eBay's mediation service. Interesting experience. The seller agreed to mediation but has refused to refund. She still thinks taking back the comics and re-selling them for me with the same fraudulent description is a reasonable approach. foreheadslap.gif

The mediator suggested an independent appraisal and my LCS agreed to look at them. Their opinion was I got ripped off laugh.gif

The mediation service might work if there is an honest misunderstanding between two professionals. But it is a waste of time and money if one party is a rip-off artist.

I think I may try the Taiwan neg if the mediation doesn't pan out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Check it out - she ripped me off and I negged her 5 times! She, of course returned the favor - she's a friggin' insufficiently_thoughtful_person, lying cheatin' scum of the earth (how's that!) devil.gif not to mention real beeyitch!

Christo_pull_hair.gif