• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 300 production defect

7 posts in this topic

I have a Spidey 300 that has a production defect. What it is, is that the right edge of the front cover doesnt have a smooth sharp cut but a sort of ragged edge from top to bottom. I know this a defect because I had one just this like a couple of years ago. Has anyone come across this? Does this defect affect a CGC grade

I have a Spidey 300 that has a production defect. What it is, is that the right edge of the front cover doesnt have a smooth sharp cut but a sort of ragged edge from top to bottom. I know this a defect because I had one just this like a couple of years ago. Has anyone come across this? Does this defect affect a CGC grade

Yes, it's a common defect with this issue. The CGC grade really depends on the rest of the book. Someone will chime in with the observed grade ranges. If I were to guess, I'd say it probably keeps it out of 9.8, but not 9.6.