• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cavewoman Question (revised) / Is the 1994 issue a reprint? see page 2

15 posts in this topic

Just as the title asks......Is Cavewoman #1 her first appearance? If not, what is? I seem to remember that a Golden Age "A1" comic might have had Cavewoman in it???

Thanks in advance!

The Budd Root comic book character Cavewoman had her first appearance in Cavewoman 1 from 1993. I wouldn't be surprise if there is another Cavewoman character from the Golden Age, but it won't have anything to do with the Budd Root creation.

Sigh! I had a chance to buy page 1 from the very first issue of the first series. I talked Budd out of selling it to me because it obviously had sentimental meaning to him. It wasn't a great page if I recall, but it would've been neat to own. I do have Merriem's first appearance in the Cavewoman:Rain series.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=560519

The question has been answered... yes... it's her first appearance.

Budd's first published comic art is in this...

001signed_James_Gang_540px_zps7e885170.png

(Mike Hoffman drew the cover)

DG

Thanks everyone!

I just bought a Cavewoman #1 CGC 9.6 SS on Ebay. I wanted to make sure I was getting the right book before pulling the trigger.

CAVEWOMAN #1 CGC 9.6 SS Signed by Budd Root ~Basement Comics 1994

The year is 1994, not 1993, so I hope it is the right one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390720504731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks everyone!

I just bought a Cavewoman #1 CGC 9.6 SS on Ebay. I wanted to make sure I was getting the right book before pulling the trigger.

CAVEWOMAN #1 CGC 9.6 SS Signed by Budd Root ~Basement Comics 1994

The year is 1994, not 1993, so I hope it is the right one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390720504731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:applause: SWEET book.

There was not a standard reprint of Issue 1, or any of the original 6-issue series. However, Budd came out with 'Reloaded' Editions 10+ years later for each of those six issues that were something of director's cuts for the series, adding artwork, correcting lettering, new covers, etc. Here's the Reloaded edition of the first issue, which has a beautiful painted version of the original Issue 1 cover.... :cloud9:

0811130002571.jpg

The census shows Cavewoman #1 with 12/93 and 01/94 dates. Do both exist? Are the 1994 copies 2nd print?

To my knowledge, it was never reprinted with the exact same cover. I'd have to dig into boxes for a couple of hours to find my copy. If it was available, I'd check the indicia. Sometimes conflicts like this occur when there is no indicia. I don't honestly remember if Budd included one.

DG