• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON 2014 - Aug 8-10, 2014

199 posts in this topic

Wow this 2014 show is already looking great! Here's the link:

http://bostoncomiccon.com/artists.html

- Nick Bradshaw

- Simon Bisley

- Tim Bradstreet

- Ron Garney

- Stan Sakai

- Adam Kubert

- Gail Simone

- Carlos Pacheco

- Dustin Nguyen

- Many others and that's just the list now. They update throughout the year and it tends to be a great collection of creators that attend. CGC will definitely be in attendance!

I was supposed to go the last Boston Comic Con and while I was in Boston they cancelled the event last minute due to the bombing suspects scaring the city into a shutdown. I wasn't able to go to the rescheduled con.

In any case, I can say with glee that this show is a great one. Granted, I haven't been to the new facility that they moved the show to but my time in Boston and at the con were memorable. It's a smaller show that's not as crowded as other bigger shows but it's got a great vibe.

It's a great lineup so far and I'm glad they expanded to 3 days. I wish they had kept it to the spring though. There's too many cons (especially the biggest ones) in the end of summer/fall (SDCC, Boston, Wizard Chicago, Fan Expo, Connecticonn, Baltimore, Las Vegas, and NYCC). There's fewer cons in the spring so it'd be easier to have more money available then for Boston. With so many cons in the fall, there's only so much you can budget per con and you have to pick and choose which one to go to.

I wish it was in the springtime still. Boston in August is usually hot and humid, we got lucky last year, the weekend of the con it was only in the 70's or so and dry. The convention center was hot inside and it smelled nasty. If we get a normal August, it is going to be nasty inside the building.

I wish it was in the springtime still. Boston in August is usually hot and humid, we got lucky last year, the weekend of the con it was only in the 70's or so and dry. The convention center was hot inside and it smelled nasty. If we get a normal August, it is going to be nasty inside the building.

Apparently we had vastly different experiences.