• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling Redhook

18 posts in this topic

Thanks Harry.....

Pacific Comic Exchange's scans have long been among my "favorites"....they take me back to 1968, the Summer of Love, when psychedelic posters and artwork were all around...man!

Very very groovy!

thumbsup2.gif

haha...it still has the Heritage lot number on it, if you want better scans:

Heritage lot 6715

Say what you want about that book, but at least it won't suffer slab damage. It's in one of the earlier holders that didn't have hard inner well walls. cloud9.gif

I also notice that the interior pages don't seem to have pulled away from the cover.

I would welcome that book into my home with open arms. Whats with the little blue star sticker on it?

Another question, when did CGC stop encapsulating with that type of inner holder?

headbang.gif I think I went to that one. headbang.gif

Kind of while we're on the subject of bad scans; I have a Canon Canoscan LiDE 80 which does NOT take good scans of slabbed books. What scanner does? Or am I just doing something wrong with my scanner.

And if this has been covered before, sorry, I did search on the subject and didn't come up with anything relevant.

headbang.gif I think I went to that one. headbang.gif

Kind of while we're on the subject of bad scans; I have a Canon Canoscan LiDE 80 which does NOT take good scans of slabbed books. What scanner does? Or am I just doing something wrong with my scanner.

And if this has been covered before, sorry, I did search on the subject and didn't come up with anything relevant.

My HP Officejet 7110 (all-in-one machine with legal sized scanner) takes great scans of slabbed books.