• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here watches Comic Book Men???

110 posts in this topic

No lunch, but they had a pretty great spread set up for breakfast in the building across the street. I had a bagel with cream cheese and we both grabbed some bags of chips that we ate later. Would have eaten way more but our stomachs were wrecked from nervousness.

We actually drove from Chicago and stayed in a hotel, so it ended up costing us a bit. We just thought of it as a mini vacation. It was a great experience and we were glad we did it. Also REALLY glad they didn't edit the film to make us look like huge jerks.

Will have to re watch it and decide.

No lunch, but they had a pretty great spread set up for breakfast in the building across the street. I had a bagel with cream cheese and we both grabbed some bags of chips that we ate later. Would have eaten way more but our stomachs were wrecked from nervousness.

We actually drove from Chicago and stayed in a hotel, so it ended up costing us a bit. We just thought of it as a mini vacation. It was a great experience and we were glad we did it. Also REALLY glad they didn't edit the film to make us look like huge jerks.

The editing was my only concern. They've gotten better with how they edit the people who come onto the show IMO.

I've been interviewed twice for the news.

both times they rearranged the reporter's questions with my answers to get the slant they wanted...it was weird seeing me say stuff i didnt really say.....

The editing was my only concern. They've gotten better with how they edit the people who come onto the show IMO.

(thumbs u

We actually really lucked out, in our very first take my fiance said "wow this store is great, its so much better than our one back home" and I was freaking out that they would use that and I would be forever banned from my LCS. :facepalm:

The next episode of CBM is about CGC grading. Some guy wants to have his comic collection graded and Walt and the guys explain the good and bad about it.

:whee:

:popcorn:

This should be interesting :popcorn: Frankly, I don't see anything "bad" when submitting books to CGC. Only thing that they can take away from CGC is perhaps the turnaround times for books graded and I guess how books are slabbed and can never flip through the pages unless of course you crack it open.

The next episode of CBM is about CGC grading. Some guy wants to have his comic collection graded and Walt and the guys explain the good and bad about it.

:whee:

:popcorn:

I don't see anything "bad"

Give it time. It will come to you.

I have a few reasons in mind, but will wait and see what they say (thumbs u