• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here watches Comic Book Men???

110 posts in this topic

I watch pawn stars cause I occasionally learn something interesting about history, antiques and/or collectibles.

I fast forward past the "plot" of the episode, cause it's always at best contrived and at worst annoying.

Since Comic Book Men has yet to tell me anything I didn't already know about comics, and outside of the one or two pieces of OA, they haven't shown me anything I havent already seen.

Said it before, I'll say it again. We aren't the audience for this show.

I watch pawn stars cause I occasionally learn something interesting about history, antiques and/or collectibles.

I fast forward past the "plot" of the episode, cause it's always at best contrived and at worst annoying.

Since Comic Book Men has yet to tell me anything I didn't already know about comics, and outside of the one or two pieces of OA, they haven't shown me anything I havent already seen.

Said it before, I'll say it again. We aren't the audience for this show.

I would agree with this, just the previews and everything else dont appeal to me. I wanted to watch it but was never convinced to do so.

I've seen every episode and have found it has gotten better over time. Really didn't like the first few episodes, especially with then always picking on Ming. They seem to have a good flow to the show at the moment with some good comics and other memorabilia and other interesting things going on.

+1 on this.

About to stop watching as the "sitcom" portion of the show continually grows larger than the pawn part - which is why I watch.

Guessing by this trend, though, I'm in the minority.

And guessing by Chum Lee's new, white teeth, they won't go broke losing one viewer.

I used to until I lost track. I liked the show, I never read too much intoit and it was just fun to watch with my wife who knows nothing about comics.

I enjoy it well enough. I watched not only because of the comic book angle, but it often helped bring me down after getting all hyped up and anxious from The Walking Dead! lol

Plus, that Ming is laugh riot.

+1 on this.

About to stop watching as the "sitcom" portion of the show continually grows larger than the pawn part - which is why I watch.

Guessing by this trend, though, I'm in the minority.

And guessing by Chum Lee's new, white teeth, they won't go broke losing one viewer.

Yeah, once they decided to insert drama, make Chumley smart and give him obnoxiously white teeth, they've lost me as a viewer.

The enjoyable part of the show is now gone.

I liked the episode with our very own BaltimoreLauren in it .. outside of that ..

which episode was that?

EDIT: nevermind i found it, s03e01, the Archie girl ;)

i never knew she was one of our own though i should have known since she brought a slab in

I think the show is stupid and have watched the first several episodes to come to that opinion. I met some guy at the Columbus Flea Market one day that claimed he had something to do with show, (producer?) but didn't really have the heart to tell him I thought it sucked.

Miraclemet is Wright, it's not for comic fans.

I think it's designed for the mass market that enjoys the movies/video games/etc. from comics and to get them into the stores as customers.