• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 10:58 PM, Subby1938 said:

I guess the only thing to compare it to is what would a TEC 27 in 0.5 sell for then try figure it with AF15. These are huge first apps we are dealing with and a meteoric rise in price . It’s scary . I sold my 2.0 for 14K two years ago now it may be 35-40K???? Nuts 

Entry level, complete Tec 27's  (even coverless) would start at $100K  (at least) ........

On 8/20/2021 at 12:43 PM, fishbone said:

Entry level, complete Tec 27's  (even coverless) would start at $100K  (at least) ........

You are not getting a complete unrestored very poor copy for under 200k

Complete coverless Tec 27's 115-125k (depending on eye appeal & PQ)

Coverless missing the centerfold probably max out at 100k (depending on eye appeal and PQ)

Provenance plays a part in their somewhere as well.  How much ?  I don't know.  maybe 10K minimum. (Kane copy, DC file copy, Robinson copy) 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 8/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Coverless missing the centerfold probably max out at 100k (depending on eye appeal and PQ)

Provenance plays a part in their somewhere as well.  How much ?  I don't know.  maybe 10K minimum. (Kane copy, DC file copy, Robinson copy) 

There was recently a thread in the GA section where a boardie listed a complete coverless on eBay and got offers exceeding $100k.  So that book is up there in any forum. 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, KCOComics said:

There was recently a thread in the GA section where a boardie listed a complete coverless on eBay and got offers exceeding $100k.  So that book is up there in any forum. 

He had offers up to 120k I believe.  light tan to cream PQ and slight pieces missing from pages 2-7 (slightly effects Bats story)  Great copy. Hope he gets his price.  Tec 27 and Action 1 are on a whole other playing field $ wise

On 8/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I was including restored in my quote, but yes - unrestored well north of 100K

On 8/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, Subby1938 said:

Ouch that’s some serious coin

Tec 27 and Action 1 in any way ,shape,  or form (as long as they have the bats and supes story ) are in their own stratosphere .  pound for pound .    Other mega keys can't touch them

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 8/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, Roger66 said:

The market is as the masses believe despite the prophets' posits and the profiteers' posturing's.  As long as there are 2 high-rollers in the final seconds of any auction pushing each other up and up and up :ohnoez: (and assuming no shill bidders and scams) the sky is the limit on certain holy grails.  In the end AF15 was always the Action #1 of the SA and in time only a very small fraction of comic collectors will be able to afford even a lowly point 5.  Plus when I see collectors dishing out 1k plus for an incredibly common 2005 key in CGC 9.8 - a book I intuitively feel is worth perhaps 1/10th of that - I think these grail prices make more and more sense.  Lamenters and lamentations aside - this particular key-gravy train has indeed left the station for good IMO ----- hence the crazy prices on raggedy ugly copies.  My 2-cents. :preach:

LEMMINGS.JPG

I agree with almost everything, except the slander for YOUNG AVENGERS #1 :). that book is considered the modern GSX1 for a reason. just you wait for the team to assemble in the MCU. 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:28 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Agreed who knows if it is real or not.

Seller got feedback for it, but maybe that can be manipulated. I think it was most likely real. 

Side note: A good percentage of .5's are INCOMPLETE. But that doesn't seem to affect prices much on AF15's.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

AF15 CGC 8.0 ends today at CC at 540 000$ last one sold 2-3 weeks ago at CL seller had buy it now at 350 000$ I believe and took 300 000$.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/925735?tzf=1

After seeing the 9.6 on Heritage this one looks like junk to my eyes:sorry: