• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, piper said:

GPA must not be keeping up with the market trend. Last 3.5 sold in May (according to GPA) for 30k.

GPA doesn't track all sales (e.g. ComicConnect). A 3.5 sold recently (June 22) on ComicConnect for $44.5K.

6 hours ago, piper said:

GPA must not be keeping up with the market trend. Last 3.5 sold in May (according to GPA) for 30k.

Regarding Subby's $50K+ estimate for a 5.0, hasn't a 5.0 historically been about twice a 3.5 FMV?   So even that "stale" GPA sale you noted for May suggests a 5.0 would be well north of $50K.   The more recent CC sale on 6/22 suggests a valuation well beyond that, like north of $80K for a 5.0.  Anyway, even GPA gave signs that the May info was stale b/c GPA shows a 2.0 sold this month for $26.4K.     

Edited by Pantodude

2 minutes ago, Roger66 said:

AF15 goes through cycles - when it is burning hot :devil: there are a rash of high sales - some that seem almost insane 6 months ago - a la that chewed up 1.0 for 14k plus :whatthe:.  When a collector, who sadly never owned a copy of this iconic key starts feeling deep pangs that it will move further out of reach or the guy who sold his 4.0 too cheap a couple of years ago and wants a copy back - irrationality & lack of perspective takes over and the new market sample becomes skewed because emotions are very high.  In short when I see questions like "what is this 2.0 worth now in today's market?" ??? I feel like saying "it's darn worth whatever you're willing to pay for it now."  Personally if you don't have a copy and are dying for one - I suggest you wait until the market cools down.  History has a way of repeating itself and for AF15 it is only a matter of time before prices cool off somewhat and you can be a responsible buyer as opposed to one who may very well be over-paying in retrospect on a book that is on the major upward slope.  My lousy 2 cents. :preach:

Collections are still unearthed out there. Copies are waiting to be held (or slabbed).

I personally don’t think it’s a great time to wait on this book . I agree it’s a scorching hot market for it but can’t see prices dipping too far backwards . Two years ago I had 2.0 blue label and sold it for 14K. I’m now entertaining a 1.5 blue which I posted above for 22K. I’m almost priced out tbh

17 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Regarding Subby's $50K+ estimate for a 5.0, hasn't a 5.0 historically been about twice a 3.5 FMV?   So even that "stale" GPA sale you noted for May suggests a 5.0 would be well north of $50K.   The more recent CC sale on 6/22 suggests a valuation well beyond that, like north of $80K for a 5.0.  Anyway, even GPA gave signs that the May info was stale b/c GPA shows a 2.0 sold this month for $26.4K.     

Mine sold for 50K in 2017.   A 5.0  That was the top of the market then.