• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, KCOComics said:

I can see the argument from both sides, but I do think this thread will be very infrequently updated without the price updates. 

When it costs as much as a new car to pick up a 1.8, the new buyers posting here will be fewer and fewer. 

Ok, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

How much is an 8.5 worth these days?

Edited by NoMan

it’s baseline has to be 250K minimum.  That is very conservative low end start point . It’s prob more like 500K reason being there are only 12 copies in this grade . It’s def on higher grade and rarer grade for this book. Not many copies above 7.0

Edited by Subby1938

On 10/11/2021 at 9:37 AM, gadzukes said:

I personally don't mind a mix of AF15 pics, AF15 discussion, AF15 joy of ownership, and AF15 price updates.

To me that's all part of being in the club.  I find it all interesting.  (shrug)

I feel the same way.  None of my other comic keys get as much attention as AF15 so I don't mind to see all the posts related to it.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, alexgross.com said:

its been awhile, so here's mine again. i always meant to pick up another copy, like a 3.5, when prices were down, but even when it was possible for around 25k, that's alot of money. very happy with the one i have. 

AF15-4.5-front.jpg

That's a really nice presenting 4.5! 

And your right. Even in the "good old days" of early 2021 a 2.5 was going for $15k to $16k.  So it's hard to beat yourself up over not upgrading and adding because it wasn't easy. 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, gadzukes said:

I personally don't mind a mix of AF15 pics, AF15 discussion, AF15 joy of ownership, and AF15 price updates.

To me that's all part of being in the club.  I find it all interesting.  (shrug)

I agree. As long as prices don't overtake the thread I'm :cool: with a mix. 

I never showed my latest copy, so thought I would try as things have cooled a bit. I love seeing others AF15's...

Here are pics of my upgrade. I had a 4.0, then 4.5. Ended with this 5.5 old holder un-pressed and will keep forever...I hope.

I think it's nice for a 5.5 :-)

No Marvel chipping, but creme to off-white.AF15a.thumb.jpeg.5538509a432d290da6e4b07be56f47cb.jpegAF15f.thumb.jpeg.aff0e5adaa16dbbd54a55536e21e8aad.jpegAF15b.thumb.jpeg.7cc98ffe0916697e8eb862dc84a81930.jpeg

On 10/11/2021 at 4:28 PM, Venomous72 said:

I am sad that this book is out of reach for me now.  It would take liquidating my collection to get a 4-5 or so and I just couldn't do it.  Great books though.

Hmmmm..... maybe rethink this.  Buy a 4.5, and then start rebuilding your collection.  All of the other comics in your collection are easier to get.  You might have fun rebuilding, and at the same time you will have your grail.